Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Ok I know I am most likely about to catch shit for this and have women telling me how lazy i am wha not. But before i go on, let me just give some info on myself. I had a condition called spondilesthesis where a vertebrae becomes dislodged and breaks off. The way to correct it when its severe is surgery, by fusing metal bracketts and nails around the 2 fused together vertebrae. I had that done when i was 16. However it was broken long enough to give me alot of nerve and muscle damage and as you know lower back issues can lead to leg problems too. So over the years I developed a terrible chronic nerve pain issue in my whole entire back and neck, plus now i have rheumatoid arthritis in ym hips and legs. To anyone unfamiliar with that specific kind of arthritis it is HELL. it exhausts the person with it, it makes my hips and legs feel like they are on fire sometimes, and there are days like today and every day this week so far where i can barely get out of bed it hurts so bad. I cry so much because it feels like someone lit my body on fire and is taking tiny corkscrews and sticking thema ll over my lower body and stabbing my back with hot knives. So obviously i cant work for now. I cant sit or stand for long periods of times and being on my feet for a while is torture. So i am on cash assitance and foodstamps. As some of you may know i am in school however and I plan on going back after i graduate with my associates to get my BA to teach. By then I am hoping i would have gotten my condition under control. I aim to become  a teachers aide once i graduate but i have another 6 mos to a year possibly until i get my associates so I have time. I have just had a run in with a new caseworker who treated me like I am the scum of the earth, he interuptted me while i was trying to talk, and brought me to tears with how he yelled at me. But when i fought back he had the nerve to say "Ma'am this is your first warning I will terminate this call if you do not stop talking to me that way. I will not tolerate you raising your voice" but he wouldnt let me talk. he literally would not shut up and stop interuptting me. Now my old caseworker was a very sweet helpful kind understanding woman. But thena gain she was almost a welfare recipient to and those are usually the best case workers who have been on the other side of the desk before being in their position. I didnt no it was going to take so long to get my records transfered and the last doctor didnt even fillout the form and send it the way she was suppose to it sat on her desk and now im no longer her patient. but that doesnt matter. only my old caseworker didnt blame me. I was told to go to job training as a formality until i can get the form filled. well i had to quit goiung before the appointment because of how bad it got. well today i got terminated from job training and my new case worker gave me a call and thats when he talked to me the way i just described. I am so sick to death of being on welfare being subjected to bad treatment like im not going no where in life like i ENJOY relying on the governement. It breaks my heart I have to go through this. I miss working so severely I cry myself to sleep and I just lose hope. I'm actually crying as I write this because i feel so hopeless and upset that I will never ever get to a point where i am healthy enough to work. does anyone relate in any way at all? even if youre on a type of assitance and youre just fed up being on it or anything similar? I feel like if i dont talk to someone who has been even close to where I am im going to just give up. I feel so alone :/

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-12):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:08 PM

*HUGS*

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN