Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what do other single moms do ??

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
  • 14 Replies

if u have a set schedual for visitation and bd calls and cancels the night b4or has to bring baby bac bc he has to go to work  how do u get a job if he is always backing out bc he has to work ??

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LLbaby143
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Drop in care??

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Take him back to court, to modify the court order.  Inform teh Judge you are looking for work.

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

they made up there own visitations through a judge hasnt been filed yet but its been only 3 weeks and hes already cancelled 2 xs and he only gets her wed thrus and every othr weekend ....uggg she cant even get a job ....

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

BUMP!

pce68
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I then call my mom or a friend and ask if my dd can stay with them. Do you have any friends or family nearby that would help you out?

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Hmm day care? Friend or family member? My ex always cancels, now if he doesn't pick up my son early on Saturday he's not picking him up Sunday either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM

At least it's better than him trying to get full custody, or that other nonsense he was pulling a few weeks ago.  :)  I would have another sitter lined up for if he backs out. 

I don't have any help, so I'm pretty much home all the time, BUT I do have a very trusted friend/sitter who I know I can always call at the last minute to help if I had an emergency.  You definitely need someone else to help your daughter if the father is unreliable. 

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM

You should always have a backup or emergency sitter anyway. Ask a friend or family if they could keep the baby when he does that.

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM

i am there for back up its just hes so determined to have baby then calls and says he has to work .she even asked what r u going to do about work ..he said i got it all figured out ..geuss not ...

Quoting Ridingsolo:

At least it's better than him trying to get full custody, or that other nonsense he was pulling a few weeks ago.  :)  I would have another sitter lined up for if he backs out. 

I don't have any help, so I'm pretty much home all the time, BUT I do have a very trusted friend/sitter who I know I can always call at the last minute to help if I had an emergency.  You definitely need someone else to help your daughter if the father is unreliable. 

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Is he really working, or just making excuses?  I would document that all for if you ever end up in court. 

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

i am there for back up its just hes so determined to have baby then calls and says he has to work .she even asked what r u going to do about work ..he said i got it all figured out ..geuss not ...

Quoting Ridingsolo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)