Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

single life

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

i just became single a couple days ago and i already hate the crap out of it

what do some of u do to keep busy?? im going throw alot of stress n ect on top of the brake up

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MamaBernie
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

At night when my son is finally asleep my escape is watching movies and tv on netflix :) I know its dorky but thats my me time or get into a book club :) It saves money instead of going out all the time :)

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked and went to school.  Seriously, I don't think the single life is so bad, I miss it. 

Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM
I prefer the nights my bf isn't home. I put my son to bed, can get homework done or watch TV in peace. I can go to bed when I want & not get annoyed b/c he wants me to stay up with him & I'm just exhausted. Take this time to do for you. If you have close friends, have then over for a movie night, low key at home. Take care of yourself & your child, just focus more on that. Try to be more positive. Think about al the things you can do now that you couldn't do while he was around. Good Luck!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:29 AM

I work, go to school, and spend a lot of time with my son.  I just keep myself busy and keep moving forward.  hugs!!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I've joined a gym, go running when it's nice outside, am getting more involved in church, and hopefully, making some friends along the way.  I miss having someone to live with and talk to, but I don't miss all the misery I had with my ex.  Too much of it, really.  Just look into what you l ike to do and do it.  Even if you have to go it alone.  Don't stay home that much. Go to bookstores, and attend as many church services as you can.  There are a lot of other folks single, too.  Perhaps you can meet someone while you do all of this.

stillstandin246
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Being single gives you lots of freedom to do things you want to do. If I want to take a hot bath, read a book, watch a movie or play on the computer, I can.  And I don't have to worry about a man whining that I don't spend time with him or trying to entertain someone else after I've just worked all day and taken care of my kids.  I have nothing left to give anyone else at the end of the day usually, and that's the time I take care of myself.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Spend as much time relaxing and destressing, doing things with the kid(s), piddle around the house, go places, get a new hobby. It takes time to adjust to him not being there, but you'll come up with a new routine and will find a new normal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)