Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! How do you get rid of spiders?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
  • 24 Replies

The worst thing with being single is that there is no man there to kill spiders! What do you do when spiders find their way in your home? I have one right here and now, and I don´t know what to do!!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma1708
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM

grab hairspray and a cleaner! That is what I do! I have also gotten more brave at just grabbing a shoe and smashing them, while I scream! lol If they are tiny we are cool to kill... but if they are monsters that I am screaming and running and spraying them with whatever type of chemical spray I have at hand. 

engel
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Hairspray... Then I bug-bomb my house the next day.. Keps them away for a few months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jenna30
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Fly swatter

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM

My son's dad always said diluted dishwasher soap. I swear to god this works because I tried it!!!!! They fucking fall instantly!!!!! EEEEK. Good luck! I am terrified of them too!!!

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Sorry, forgot to add - put the solution in a spray bottle that can spray at LEAST up to 10 feet lmfao! Cause if you get too close, guess where lil buddy is gonna land?!?!?! *shudder*

jenna30
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:15 AM

They die quickly?

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Sorry, forgot to add - put the solution in a spray bottle that can spray at LEAST up to 10 feet lmfao! Cause if you get too close, guess where lil buddy is gonna land?!?!?! *shudder*

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I always just use a shoe and kill them lol.  I also have a person come out and spray every 6 months so I don't have them very often anymore.

jenna30
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:03 PM

big smile mini 

Quoting lindaeee:

The worst thing with being single is that there is no man there to kill spiders! What do you do when spiders find their way in your home? I have one right here and now, and I don´t know what to do!!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Mocking_Jay, you make me laugh all the time!  LOL!

Ditto on the bug bomb.  I had a spider problem in my basement.  Those evil suckers crawled up through the vents.  I used bug bomb and BAM! they were all dead.  Haven't seen one vile creature in months.

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I spray them then they fall and wiggle around but yeah they do die quick enough if you're not gonna squish them. :) raid for spiders does NOT work.

Quoting jenna30:

They die quickly?

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)