Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sons father spending the night. good or bad?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

My son has been at his fathers house for the past couple days and tomorrow morning he is bringing him home. He told me that he was going to stay and hang out for the night, so that we could do things as a family. I want him to, so badly. I miss him a lot and I love him.. but our relationship is so messy right now, I dont know if this is a good choice or not.. Any advice?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tigerlilly333
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Umm... Bad, really bad, if you are not staying together. IMHO

Carmalita28
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I don't know the situation fully, but it sounds like he has decided he still wants to be with you. So, you have to first decide if you truly still want to be with him. You can love him forever, but do you want be that kind of family? From what you are saying, I would say take it slow. Decide how you feel FIRST. Whatever mess the two of you have going on will need to be discussed. You don't want to allow your child to get the impression that everything is okie doke, and get his hopes up about your family. It's either or but never both. Don't confuse your child.

moosesmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I say no. Let him stay for an hour or two. You guys have fun and then walk him out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
4 moms liked this
no sex..he sleep on the floor or sofa and u lock ur bed room door.. if he start to try to "get wth u"make him leave.
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM
2 moms liked this
he sounds like he just wont booty..
jkleinman
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:04 PM
If you let him stay, I agree with this.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

no sex..he sleep on the floor or sofa and u lock ur bed room door.. if he start to try to "get wth u"make him leave.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
massconfusion14
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:16 PM
1 mom liked this

BAD! My ex let my daughter and I sleep over so he could wake up with her..... well, he didn't wake up for her but he wanted sex and I was so weak I gave in. Will never happen again!

Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Agreed.  That's the only reason he wants to stay overnite.

Even if you do think you'd like to get back together with him, letting him stay overnite is not the way to go about it.  Bad idea; tell him no.

Quoting massconfusion14:

BAD! My ex let my daughter and I sleep over so he could wake up with her..... well, he didn't wake up for her but he wanted sex and I was so weak I gave in. Will never happen again!

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I agree with these two moms.

Quoting jkleinman:

If you let him stay, I agree with this.

Quoting KRIZZ25:

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I agree with all the ladies, letting him sleep over can just complicate things. It won't help you heal and he'll probably take advantage of this and just continue to use you for sex. Let him hang out but no sleeping over. Did his son sleep over at his place? Also this could confuse your son, he might think mom and dad are getting back together and if that doesn't happen it'll hurt him more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN