Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sons father spending the night. good or bad?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son has been at his fathers house for the past couple days and tomorrow morning he is bringing him home. He told me that he was going to stay and hang out for the night, so that we could do things as a family. I want him to, so badly. I miss him a lot and I love him.. but our relationship is so messy right now, I dont know if this is a good choice or not.. Any advice?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (21-25):
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

It seems like you still have too many feelings for him and until you are over him or at least have more control over your feelings , it's best you don't do things like "family time" because it will just confuse you and confuse the boundaries in the situation.

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Yes, you are right. Thank you!

Quoting victoriahearts:

It seems like you still have too many feelings for him and until you are over him or at least have more control over your feelings , it's best you don't do things like "family time" because it will just confuse you and confuse the boundaries in the situation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Bad idea he can hang out but needs to go home. Staying the night also gives her false hope you guys will get back together. My parents used to do it to me hurt me every time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM
My ex husband stays over ON THE COUCH on very special occasions or before big trips. But we have been divorced for like 4 years with no physical contact PERIOD. Do what feels right to you, but don't give him any
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Bad! Let him stay the night where he has been. He can't turn it on & off whenever unless you allow him to. Plus, it's fake for your son. My daughter's father knows better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)