Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating.......

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

For single moms this is a scary word, or at least for me it is. lol.  I was with my ex for almost 10 years, so from 17-26 we were together.  Since our divorce in 4/11 I have been out of a few dates, never really went out with a guy more than once (not my choice).  Anyway  there is this guy that I have liked for about a year or so now, he is super nice and friendly. He owns his own company, he is financial secure, cute.  Everytime I see him he gives me a HUGE hug.  I saw him tonight and he gave me one, then asked how much weight I had lost.  Said 20lbs and he said you can tell in my eyes.  My question/problem is that he is a little bit older than I am. I am 28 and he is 56, he is literally my parents age. His daughter just had a baby too. So I guess my question is, should I try and ask him out or should I forget about it??

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Do what you think is right I dated a guy about that age difference it wasn't bad until I met his girlfriend (who I didn't know about problem with small towns)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blues29
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Ouch, ya that would be hard.  Oh it gets better, he just also happens to be the Mayor my little municipality. lol. I don't know, like I am literally ALL smiles bc I saw him tonight. I think he is flirting with me but I'm not sure. Like he tickled me tonight too.

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I don't know, maybe that's all he is doing, flirting.  If a guy is interested, he'll ask you out; that's the way I see it though.   

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

If you don't have a problem with the age difference, it may not hurt to just try.  Maybe just ask if he'd like to get a cup of coffee with you some time and go from there.  Good luck!!

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Nothing wrong with flirting. If the age difference doesn't bother you, there shouldn't be a problem. Still if he's interested he should ask you out. If he's the mayor though he may just being a typical politician and kissing up to the public.

steviechick
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:49 PM

That is a big age gap.  Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable dating a guy my dad's age.  And, your age and that guy's age is the same as mine and my dad's age.  I don't think my dad would appreciate me dating someone his age.  Plus, I would that there wouldn't be that much in common between the two of you.  Right now it's flirtation for maybe the both of you.  But, think about the big age gap and how comfortable the two of you would get along after a while. 

Blues29
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:18 PM

HAHA about the mayor comment. He has been the mayor for only a few months and this has been going on longer than that.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

If you're interested and get the impression he might be, too, go for it. I see nothing wrong with age differences. It's not about a number, it's about two people enjoying spending time together.

Blues29
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Thanks. We were at a meeting, after the meeting we all get together for drinks and snacks. I went up to him and asked him to buy some girl scout cookies from my daughter at which time this other guy walked about with 2 beers.  One for him, one for the guy I like.  So they asked if I wanted a beer and I said no, I don't do beer I do liquor, its quicker.  They were both like Damn girl.  So I was on cloud nine last night when I got home and then today too. While at work I was telling the girl I work with about it and told her the comment I made, she is like you said what.  Well apparently that comment means that if you want to get a girl to sleep with you, you giver her liquor--because its quicker. LOL nice. So I had NO idea that it meant that so now I feel like an idiot.  So I text  my one friend who works for him and I asked her, she confirmed it and I told her I said that to him. So she said that she would ask him about his night last night.  Well he came into work and she asked if I had ordered the shirts, then he went into how I had lost weight and then another comment and then the beer comment. Guess he just laughed. Now I really don't know what to do.

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Do what you feel is right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN