Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

All work and no play. Im losing it!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
  • 33 Replies
Monday through Friday I work all day, pick up my daughter from daycare, come home with enough time to walk the dog, give my daughter dinner before bed and change her diaper. After she's asleep, I get her bottles ready, maybe eat, then somehow its already almost 11 when I go to bed.

On the weekends, I try to figure out how to keep her from screaming at be because I dont know how to play with her since she's the only real interaction ive had with a child...... I literally have no help from anyone and am so stressed out that my mind is going a mile a minute in every direction except the one I need it to go....

And to top it off, this stupid woman at the daycare is trying to step on my relationship with my daughter. I CANT STAND THIS WOMAN!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sid1083
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:03 AM
It is hard when it always feels like you're working. How is the daycare lady trying to step on your relationship?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
megan91
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM
What you sound like you need is a day off and to take your daughter to day care. go have some time for yourself. get a mani/pedi. your a mom but you are also human and any human needs to have time for themselves every once in a while. i wish i knew you cause i would totally watch your little one for free just to give you some time to breath. I know how you feel. if you need to vent or someone to talk to im a good listener! :-)

Hope you find a way to relax...it will help your daughter too probably. she can sense your stressed and she doesnt understand right now.
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Its the toughest part of being a mom when theyre so small and needy. They grow trust me they grow! Lmbo. I have teens now. Yeah if i had skype id see moms of teens nodding their heads oh hell yeah! Take time when you can just to relax for a few. You dont have to do a thing but sit outside for a few. Enjoy the view.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosalind2012
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Ask someone to babysit for you. You need a break. Then recharge and get back to your daughter, refreshed and ready to play with her. One thing I learned when I was a younger single mom, is that I really regret how disengaged I was when my sweet little boy was babbling away at me, trying to get my attention. How I wish for those days now. Time flies by quicker than you know it, and before long, they won't want to talk to you anymore as they used to. Make some time for her, read her a book, sing a song to her, play a game...she will remember it more than you know. I know the challenge of being tired, I do. Set up a babysitter, even if it's for a short period of time (or do what I do, get in the car and drive around with a coffee -often times the kids fall asleep) so that you will be ready to focus on her. About the lady at the daycare, I wonder if she's picking up on your lack of energy in interacting with your daughter, and she's trying to make up for it for her. Not that I'm saying that it doesnt totally tick you off and rightly so, but it's hitting a nerve with you because you know what you should be doing... We only get one shot with our kids' childhoods. We have to get it right.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM

hugs!!

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Totally agree with taking some me time. That's the only way I made it through raising 2 girls. You didn't say how old she is, but just interact with her and make up ways to play as you go along. She probably cries like that because she sense your stress and frustration and because she just wants and needs some attention. Hang in there and relax. You'll get it and will be fine.

RobJar
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
As the above posters have said. Take some time for yourself. Go get a mani pedi. Or just go home and nap.
loneventure23
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:52 PM
She, and a few other women, are treating my daughter like she's there's and im just the sitter.

Quoting sid1083:

It is hard when it always feels like you're working. How is the daycare lady trying to step on your relationship?

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Where do you live? Cause I'm in the exact same situation but I think I have already lost it. And I can't take off work for myself because I have to save my vacation for when my daughter is sick.

Quoting megan91:

What you sound like you need is a day off and to take your daughter to day care. go have some time for yourself. get a mani/pedi. your a mom but you are also human and any human needs to have time for themselves every once in a while. i wish i knew you cause i would totally watch your little one for free just to give you some time to breath. I know how you feel. if you need to vent or someone to talk to im a good listener! :-)

Hope you find a way to relax...it will help your daughter too probably. she can sense your stressed and she doesnt understand right now.

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Switch daycares. That's what I did. Do you, by chance, live in the Houston area? I am in the same situation, so I feel your pain. My daughter's father actually gets her for a few hours on Sundays so I do get a break now (just started a month ago). So, if you live in the area let me know and I will gladly help you out!

Quoting loneventure23:

She, and a few other women, are treating my daughter like she's there's and im just the sitter.

Quoting sid1083:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)