Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

All work and no play. Im losing it!

Posted by   + Show Post
Monday through Friday I work all day, pick up my daughter from daycare, come home with enough time to walk the dog, give my daughter dinner before bed and change her diaper. After she's asleep, I get her bottles ready, maybe eat, then somehow its already almost 11 when I go to bed.

On the weekends, I try to figure out how to keep her from screaming at be because I dont know how to play with her since she's the only real interaction ive had with a child...... I literally have no help from anyone and am so stressed out that my mind is going a mile a minute in every direction except the one I need it to go....

And to top it off, this stupid woman at the daycare is trying to step on my relationship with my daughter. I CANT STAND THIS WOMAN!!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Replies (21-30):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 AM
You can switch day cares. I work full time and do full time college plus have full custody of my son. It's challenging. What you need is a good planner/notebook type thing to journal your day in and organize your time. It's hard. Save a few bucks on the side for a few weeks and go get a manipedi like the other ladies said. Just cuz you're on state aide doesn't mean you can't ever do something for yourself. I'd raise my eyebrow if you had fresh tattoos, nails, hair extensions and the works on state aide. I was on welfare and state child care assistance when I started out as a mom so I have been there believe me! It's stressful to be low income and to be a single working mom. Unless your work schedule is late you should shift your bedtime earlier too. You need rest. Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. I had to do the same.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
massconfusion14
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I live in Texas.

Quoting megan91:

Quoting massconfusion14:

i live in utah. you?

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
I had a lady watching my son like that I ended up putting him a center and it was sooooo much better. On the weekends find a play group or something to do. I have a membership to the science museum he's free and he gets to run around and touch everything. We stay busy but it's tough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltathree
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

hugs

naj2013
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Get a sitter for a day or so and have sometime to yourself or maybe call up a friend, go out, laugh and enjoy yourself, i know how u feel i was once a single working mom.
naj2013
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM
If there's someone else there to talk to at the daycare, pay that lady no mind and do the best u can for your daughter.
loneventure23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I am. I just wish it weren't so expensive.

Quoting Mommyto2LilMen:

Talk to their supervisor. Or maybe even look into new child care.

Quoting loneventure23:

She, and a few other women, are treating my daughter like she's there's and im just the sitter.

Quoting sid1083:

It is hard when it always feels like you're working. How is the daycare lady trying to step on your relationship?

loneventure23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Thank you! So many people talk like you have money to throw around when you're a single parent. The term "penny pinching" seems to be literal in this case... There's a daycare right by my house that seems perfect, but it's more expensive. I dont know what to look for in a daycare, other than if all the employees speak English fluently. Does it matter if it's a center or not?

Quoting MeeshMom:

You can switch day cares. I work full time and do full time college plus have full custody of my son. It's challenging. What you need is a good planner/notebook type thing to journal your day in and organize your time. It's hard. Save a few bucks on the side for a few weeks and go get a manipedi like the other ladies said. Just cuz you're on state aide doesn't mean you can't ever do something for yourself. I'd raise my eyebrow if you had fresh tattoos, nails, hair extensions and the works on state aide. I was on welfare and state child care assistance when I started out as a mom so I have been there believe me! It's stressful to be low income and to be a single working mom. Unless your work schedule is late you should shift your bedtime earlier too. You need rest. Create a schedule for yourself and stick to it. I had to do the same.

loneventure23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Thats good advice, but I moved up here 3 years ago and haven't made any real friends. The ones I had disappeared when I had my daughter.

Im thinking planning a day to play hookie from work. For some reason I thought you weren't allowed to bring your child to daycare if you weren't going to work. ...I love this site, you lovely ladies are teaching me alot. :)

Quoting naj2013:

Get a sitter for a day or so and have sometime to yourself or maybe call up a friend, go out, laugh and enjoy yourself, i know how u feel i was once a single working mom.

loneventure23
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Well, I was trying to do that. But all of the women that watch her in the morning and afternoon dont speak English. This week I was worried my daughter was getting sick, so i downloaded a translator app on my phone to ask them how she was doing. They said she was fine. I took her to the doctor and she has a bronchial infection.

Quoting naj2013:

If there's someone else there to talk to at the daycare, pay that lady no mind and do the best u can for your daughter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN