Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

1st date in over 10 yrs! :)

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
Went on my first date in over 10yrs last night. It's someone I had just met (& he's cute). At first, I was trying to find reasons to back out but I'm glad I went. I actually had a nice time! Now it's the whole waiting game to see if he actually calls lol totally forgot that part of dating! LOL

Dating again is nerve wracking! lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
breebree04
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hope he calls you! I hate going on dates (well the first few anyway, until your completely comfortable with him), your right it is nerve wracking! I cant wait until I am in a steady/committed relationship again. I dont think there is anything fun about just dating.

steviechick
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Good for you!  How did you meet?  I'm hoping to go on a date that actually lasts more than one day, LOL!  I've struck out three times.  Yes, the waiting game.  Does he like me enough TO call for a second date?  Hopefully he will. 

achavez219
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I hope so too :) I agree! There is nothing fun about dating! Not to mention, dating is SO different from when I was younger. I would so continue to be single just to avoid dating but it's lonely & sometimes boring LOL

Quoting breebree04:

Hope he calls you! I hate going on dates (well the first few anyway, until your completely comfortable with him), your right it is nerve wracking! I cant wait until I am in a steady/committed relationship again. I dont think there is anything fun about just dating.

achavez219
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Surprisingly we met on a dating site but after talking a bit, we found we had more in common, so I decided I give it a go. I was worried that he wouldn't be who was in the pics he sent me but it was lol I did make sure to give my sister every bit of info just in case LOL I hope so too :)

Quoting steviechick:

Good for you!  How did you meet?  I'm hoping to go on a date that actually lasts more than one day, LOL!  I've struck out three times.  Yes, the waiting game.  Does he like me enough TO call for a second date?  Hopefully he will. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad you had a good time!

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Wonderful, I'm glad you went and had a great time!  What did you do on your date?

zebralove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! I'm happy for you as so excited!!!
achavez219
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Me too :) we just went to dinner to get to know each other. It was just too cold out to do anything else which was fine with me :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Wonderful, I'm glad you went and had a great time!  What did you do on your date?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN