Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I dont think i can do this anymore.

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
Being a single mom is hard I have always known that. I work hard everyday to support my kids and pay my bills. I'm sitting at work this morning in tears because I don't know how I'm going to pay all my bills. I have my power bill due next week that alone is over $200. I have rent due next week and daycare I have to pay tomorrow. My son needs a new backpack for school cause his broke this morning. My job involves a lot of driving so I have to get gas twice a week. I also have student loans due soon that's almost $140 a month. I'm going to call my mom to see if she can help me cover some of my bills untill I can get on my feet. I understand that I have no choice but to ask for help but I hate depending on someone else to help me. I hope I can get back on my feet soon so I can stop asking my parents for money
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tinkubz
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Sorry... It will get better
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I know you feel bad about asking for monetary help.  I do, too.  When my ex and I separated I needed to get an atty to file for divorce.  I was dealing with money owed, a house, a 401(k) and a child to still raise.  Mediation was out of the question. I wanted out and in a legal and good way.  Good thing I did get an atty, I'm now dealing with a deadbeat ex -which doesn't surprise me one bit.   My mom said she wanted to help.  I hated her for saying this.  BUT, I knew I needed the financial help otherwise, my ex would have rode all over me.  He had more to lose then I did.  Sometimes we do need help and it's best coming directly from our own parents.  As much as we want to be on our own two feet we still need help.  And, if that means receiving money from time to time then let it happen.  You need to take care of your kids and in order to do so you need money.  Accept the money and continue to work hard to pay the bills.  You will soon land on your own two feet financially.  And, when that happens, you can repay your mom back with whatever means you can afford.  I've sent my mom a thank you package a week ago just for being there for me and helping me out like she has.  She knows I can't afford much and that I needed the help.  She also knows how much I truly appreciate her being in my life.  Without her, I would be worse off in more ways then one.  Keep your head up.  You are doing great!

breebree04
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I know how you feel. I work full time but still have a hard time making ends meet. I usually have just enough to pay the bills but if anything else comes up, school supplies (or money, they always need money for something), car repair, ect. I have to try to borrow some money and hope one of my bills will be cheaper so I can pay it back. I hate when I have to ask someone for help.

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I know how you feel. At least you have someone to ask for help! My deferrment on my student loans ended so I consolidated and went for income contingency and just got a bill this morning.. $218! On top of that, my rent is being raised and my car desperately needs an oil change. I feel you but at least you have someone to ask for help, be thankful of that.

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Hugs!!

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I know exactly how you feel. Juggling kids, bills and money is a neverending problem. If you need the help, there's nothing wrong with asking for it. Have you worked on rebudgeting and maybe cutting some extra expenses? I've had to do that a few times and of course the things for myself are always the first to go. It sucks, but that's life. Hope you can work it all out.

Hezzy1228
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I know how you feel hun *hugs* I lost a great paying job in november because the bosses bestfriend wanted the job so out I went, now I'm working any temp job I can find to pay the bills and the bills just keep piling up, I've got daycare, rent, power, cell phone, kids school lunches, ect ect.. it's depressing to feel like no matter how hard I'm trying right now that everything keeps going down hill and doesn't look as though it's going to change.  My brother was kind enough to loan me the money to pay my daycare for one week when I got screwed out of holiday pay and I may have to ask for help for rent. friggin sucks

lucero92
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
... I think we all know howvyou feel but ur lucky ur mom is there
Have u ever tried looking for ways to make extra cash??? I do and i also am really good at crafts sometimes that helps so u should do some research .. being a single mom is a struggle .. hun i hope u find an answer to ur prayers! U van msg me anytime ... were here to support eachother :)
jenking04
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I work Monday through saterday so not much time for anything else. Part of my problem is I. Have NEVER had to do this alone before. At almost 30 I have never lived alone before now. I have never had to budget untill now. I have never had to pay bills till now. So this is all new to me I know it sounds stupid but I am learning even though its taking me a little longer then most I am slowly learning.

Quoting lucero92:

... I think we all know howvyou feel but ur lucky ur mom is there

Have u ever tried looking for ways to make extra cash??? I do and i also am really good at crafts sometimes that helps so u should do some research .. being a single mom is a struggle .. hun i hope u find an answer to ur prayers! U van msg me anytime ... were here to support eachother :)

brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Contact the power people and explain your situation, they'll probably be able to help you out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)