Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

:) I finally had my baby!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

:) I finally welcomed my daughter into the world on january 7th and so far its been a pretty great 3 weeks. I never went into labor, but my blood pressure got really high a week before my due date so the doc said we can either induce or go c-section. Since I wasn't dialated, and she wasn't fully decended into my pelvis, and by all measurements she was expected to be quite large, i opted for the c-section, and thank God I went that route because my little angel came into this world at 11lbs 14 oz. while I was in recovory my sister stayed with Arianna while the doctors looked her over. She didn't really feel like crying, and she was breathing pretty quickly, but other than that she was perfectly ok. once i got back to my room at the hospital i was able to hold her for bout an hour, during which her respitory rate dropped back to normal levels. then they took her for a bath, and her respiration rate spiked again, so they put her on oxygen and since i was still mostly numb and not allowed out of my hospital bed, i was unable to see her for the next 16 hours.

because of her size my daughter was having trouble adjusting to the outside world, they had her on oxygen and some i.v. antibiotics for two days, and we were released from the hospital after spending three nights there, and she has been healthy ever since. the upside of all this was that because i only got to see her for an hour before they took her to the nursery i was really motivated to get up out of bed the next morning. i was a bit sore, but i insisted on getting up at the soonest possible time to go to see my girl, and made frequent trips down the hall to see her in the nursery while i was at the hospital, i think this is why my c-section recovory went so well. also i think there is a great deal of luck involved because after barely two weeks i feel absolutely one hundred percent

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vrbtnseele
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
Awesome! Congrads!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by Lydi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

congrats. am glad you are both doing well

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Congratulations!!!!' Wow that is a very big baby. Do you have any pix?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hislovebug
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM

aww congrats

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Congratulations!!! Glad to hear your both doing well now!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
maia188
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
breebree04
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Congratulations!! Thats a big baby, good thing you went for the c-section. Enjoy your precious baby girl!

mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Congrats!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)