Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay so i have recently made an arrangement with the father of my daughter for him to visit with her at his house. In our contract it clearly state that his agressive pitbull is not allowed around my daughter. The dog must remain in another room or in a cage. When I went to pick her up tonight her fathe came down the stairs and his pitbull was right behind him. When I ask why the dog was out he said that his mother had just let the dog out and said she wasnt around my daughter. He has sworn up and down that his dog is not agressvie but I know that his dog has a bad histroy of being agressive. Im not sure if i should continue the arrangement even though he broke the contract. Or if i should just go to court over it. The entire point of this arrangement was to keep it civil but im not sure if its worth the risk. Did i over react.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Not at all.  I wouldn't have dogs or cats near my children until they were at least 5 years old.  You never know how the pet would react or their mood.  Then again I don't know your visitation agreement. 

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

BUMP!

TwinsTwice2011
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM

You're never overreacting when you're protecting your child.

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:00 AM

BUMP!

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:09 AM
Do what you feel is best for your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)