Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I think my daughter is the bully!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

I got a called from my daughter's school counselor this morning. She told me my 7 year old is acting angry with all the students and she even hit a girl with a ball yesterday. When the counselor asked my daughter why she's acting like that? My daughter told the counselor that she is jealous of the girl because she has pretty clothes and a good father. And she also told her she's angry with me because I'm having a baby and she doesn't like the father or my baby. His not mean to her at all. He doesn't come and spent time with us and when he does is usually at night.

This just started because the other night he fell asleep on my bed and my daughter got so angry, she cry and cry and told me to go to her room and sleep with her. I told her no she's a big girl and needs to sleep on her bed. She also told the counselor no one's listen to her or talk to her... I'm really disappointed that I even cry because I talk to her every day I even told her that my now ex-boyfriend/ the father of my baby on the way will not come to our house anymore.  Because I want her to be happy in her own home. But when the baby is here his going to come and visit him.  I told her she still needs to sleep in her own room.  I don't know what else to say to her! Because in a way I feel guilty for getting pregnant and not thinking that this was going to affect my daughter's life in wrong ways.

Any advice?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
breebree04
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

She will learn to accept the baby and any boyfriend you may have. It just takes time for them just like it takes time for us to move on from a relationship. I dont know how long her dad has been out of the picture but my ds and dd would get very upset if we even talked about mommy dating or having a boyfriend. Eventually they got over it and now encourage me to date and have a boyfriend. Maybe you could also get her some kind of counseling to help her cope with everything

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

It sounds like you need to find a way to reconnect with your daughter, she is obviously hurting emotionally which is what is making her to act out. I'm not saying its your fault at all, children often get this way when changes happens and she is probably having a hard time coping, so find a way to talk with her get her to understand that changes is normal and will happen all her life and this change is for the positive and if you can't get through to her maybe family therapy will help. 

MicahBoo07
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:37 PM

U should have a date night with ur daughter, do something she likes to do that is just the two of u. I do that with my oldest since I don't get to be around him as much since he is in school and I am home with my youngest all day. He likes the attention and we get our alone time together. She needs attention. Read her stories, go on walks, go out to eat, bowling, anything just u two. When the baby comes keep doing it so she knows u are on ur mind and thinking about her too.

mytrueloveS
by Lori on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM
My son is the same way, he's gotten irritating. I know these changes with the baby and a new man in his life are affecting him. U need to talk to your daughter and give her attention. I try to get days off from work when I know he has no school. I'm with him all day and try to keep both of us busy. It's really hard for them, be patient, the'll get used to it in time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Start mommy dates once a week just you and her she also sounds like she would benefit from weekly counseling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I would take her to counseling. Shes got to deal with that anger and jealousy before the baby is born or it will get way out of hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)