Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not sure..

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 7 Replies

Today my son called my fiance "Papino" (daddy in italian).. We didn't know whether to correct him or not so we didn't really acknowledge it, what should I do if it happens again? Should I correct it or just let it happen? (His sperm donor is not in his life anymore).

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
blondieinva80
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
If that's the only man in your sons life and your df has no issues with it,let your son do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Let him do so if both are comfortable with it. A DAD is a man who takes are of a child. Loves them, feeds them, cares for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma1708
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with pp. If you ds is identifiying df as his dad, let him. Since your ex isn't around, your df is going to be his dad. I think it is great. 

massconfusion14
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I would. If my daughter father was out of her life or walks out, I would but since he is seeing her, I will correct her because I would want him to do the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 AM
I agree

Quoting tyfry7496:

Let him do so if both are comfortable with it. A DAD is a man who takes are of a child. Loves them, feeds them, cares for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emiliush
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

well your son is little. and your fience is going to be your husnbant soo . i wouldn't worry about it too much. many ppl call their step dads "daddy".  just make sure when he gets a bit older that he will know that isn't his sperm donor..

elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM

This!

Quoting tyfry7496:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN