Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Confused Feelings

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM
  • 8 Replies
Has anybody expierenced weird feelings with a significant other or ex?

For example, when my ex and I don't talk all I can think about is him. I want to call/text him and just talk to him. But when he actually does comes around and hangs out, I get annoyed with him after 5 minutes and feel no feelings for him at all. Im confused on what this even means.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM

YES. It means you find him immature and you're ready to move on. The whole missing him thing will pass. I was like that for 6 months after we broke up for the final time, then he would charm me back into thinking we'd ever be together again. Then he had kids with someone else and those feelings are gone but guess what? HE'S the one who isn't over me and his wife blames me for their marriage problems. Ugh.

It will pass honey. 

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Thanks! I was just confused because all I can think about is him when I just sit at home. I guess its just the part of being lonely and since we had a long history together he is the one, I think about. Plus he is my sons father. He has hurt me physicaly and mentally so I really hope this passes soon. I want to just be over it and have him not pass my mind at all.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

YES. It means you find him immature and you're ready to move on. The whole missing him thing will pass. I was like that for 6 months after we broke up for the final time, then he would charm me back into thinking we'd ever be together again. Then he had kids with someone else and those feelings are gone but guess what? HE'S the one who isn't over me and his wife blames me for their marriage problems. Ugh.

It will pass honey. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

My ex hurt me mentally and verbally but never physically. Never. And the whole not letting go part is probably a bit of PTSD from that abuse. I am most certain it is an effect of abuse. I couldn't let go until I saw he was actually moved on after his second son was born.

Quoting mnivis01:

Thanks! I was just confused because all I can think about is him when I just sit at home. I guess its just the part of being lonely and since we had a long history together he is the one, I think about. Plus he is my sons father. He has hurt me physicaly and mentally so I really hope this passes soon. I want to just be over it and have him not pass my mind at all.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

It will pass honey. 

Mocking.Jay
by ★Krista★ on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM

But he's not really moved on. I always get e-mails from him every now and then from friend's emails because he is kicked out for saying something relating to me and my DS. One time he was sent to the ER because she threw a glass cup at his face. Another time, she was banging shit around in the background because he was on the phone with me more than 10 minutes. 

He always tells me when he wishes he never met her and how much he screwed up but that's his fault. 

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I don't know why I can't move on. Im confused on why I feel the way I do.
Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM

You miss "him" when he's not around, but it's not really missing "him", it's missing what you had. There was something there that was good and you had special times. but there are also reasons why  you split up. I've finally realized that. I was with my bf and we broke up, he moved out and we were apart for a few months. I missed him and he came crawling back, promising all this shit. I realized shortly after we got back together, it was all BS. Now we're stuck in a lease till Aug and have a rocky, bad relationship. We're right back to where we were when we broke up. Take my advice. Move on to something better. That's what I hope to do. I'm counting down 6 months till our lease is up. There is a reason you broke up, child or not, you two didn't work out. It's better to show your child a good relationship.

CafeMom Tickers

mnivis01
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM
That's a good way to put it. That I miss what we had. I guess when I do think about him.. I think about the good times we had. But there was WAY more bad times than good. I guess that's what I just have to keep reminding myself.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
An ex is an ex for a reason but you were also with them for a reason. In time it'll pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)