Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you worry?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
When your child is with their other parent, do you worry? My son is 9 and I don't worry about neglect or physical abuse, but I do worry about his emotional health when he's with his Dad. They fight like crazy. Just about every time they are together they get into a yelling match. Typically it's because DS wants to spend time with Dad and Dad wants to spend time with his GF. DS wants nothing to do with the GF. He only sees dad for one 3hr visit per week plus one full day every other week. Neither of them are right, but neither of them will compromise. I get worried and anxious knowing how mad/sad/hurt my DS is when he comes home from seeing dad. Anyone else deal with a similar situation? What do you do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Boy, that's a hard one.  :(

It sounds like maybe you could sit down with your ex and your son and try to get them to listen to eachother without yelling.

breebree04
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:51 PM

I had this problem once. My ds liked his dads gf but he didnt see his dad alot and was upset that his dad spent more time with his gf then with him. I tried talking to his dad about it and his dad said I was lying and I was jealous that he had a gf. We hadnt been together in years so I was over him along time before that but our ds didnt want to say anything to him about it so he thought I was making it up or that was his excuse anyway. His (exes) relationship didnt last to much longer so I just left it alone after that

lucasmadre
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, I know this one by heart. I wrote my x and and asked him to please stop arguing with a nine year old. I reminded him that he was an adult and that he should not fight with his son about anything, ever. I also remind him that their time is brief and that it should be quality time just the two of them. I have to remind him of this and a million other obvious things every month or so but I figure I have no one to blame but myself since I picked the knucklehead to be my son's father :) Good luck.  XO

elizabeth.mary
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM

The fact that your ex can't give up less than 2 days a week to spend time with your son is absolutely fucking ridiculous. Yes I would worry about him, because he's going over there to be ignored.

proudMom2634
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Poor kid..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)