Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
  • 10 Replies
So I met this nice guy. We seem to get along and have all the right things in common, but I think I may break it off. He drinks 5 POTS of coffee a day! That's what? At least 50 cups?? And he is a bigger guy, and seems to be getting larger. I try not to pick a guy based on looks, but I guess I just feel like you should care more about your health then he does. Especially with kids! Am I crazy to think about ending it for this?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mytrueloveS
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:25 AM
You're not crazy. If you don't feel comfortable with his habits then don't pursue anything more serious with him.
Ncbrit
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Not at all. Everyone's relationships needs are different. And it's not like you are asking for something outrageous.. A healthy man is reasonable. 5 pots of coffee a day is crazy. And personally for me it may be a little shallow for most but I need to be just as attracted to your looks as I am to your personality. So no haha you are not crazy at all!

yezay
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Have you seen it? Maybe he just drinks a cup from each and ends up dumping the rest. If you like him talk about it first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
No your not crazy, what would you do in a year when you have to go on a search expedition for his penis?
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM
5 pots is a lot no safe if it is the full pot you need to do what's best for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM
He does it at work so I haven't seen it, but when I mentioned how dangerous that was (he was on meds for high blood pressure a couple years ago) he got irritated and brushed me off. I feel like a nag already, and that's not cool

Quoting yezay:

Have you seen it? Maybe he just drinks a cup from each and ends up dumping the rest. If you like him talk about it first.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you talked about it with him? If his weight is becoming a deal breaker for you he needs to know and be given a chance to work on it. If he does nothing about it, walk away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

5 pots of coffee!!!? !    Are you shure it's not 5 cups of coffee, an entire pot holds 10-12 cups.  Maybe he's sharing with others since it is at work, so he gets a new cup from the 2nd pot, another from the 3rd, etc. 

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Lol that's what I said when he told me! 5 POTS??? I did mention it and he claims to be cutting back

Quoting brieri:

5 pots of coffee!!!? !    Are you shure it's not 5 cups of coffee, an entire pot holds 10-12 cups.  Maybe he's sharing with others since it is at work, so he gets a new cup from the 2nd pot, another from the 3rd, etc. 

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM
You're right. I guess I was stuck on wanting to be with someone for who they already are, not who they could potentially be. Dating is hard lol

Quoting Robsessed98:

Have you talked about it with him? If his weight is becoming a deal breaker for you he needs to know and be given a chance to work on it. If he does nothing about it, walk away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN