Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How strong do you think this will be in court?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
  • 22 Replies
So my ex sends me an email saying hes not agreeing on any type of visitation chedule with me. So do you think I could show that to the judge to prove he doesnt want to be apart of their lives?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM
It's not admissible but it shows what kind of person he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamavelt
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would that not be admissible? I dont think it would stand alone, but I would think you could use it along w other things like missed visitationetc to show a pattern of behavior.
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Thanks I think so too. So he can NOT go in there saying I won't let himsee his kids because for months I've been saying let's make a new schedule, which means I'm allowing him to see them. He keeps saying he already went downtown for a court date but he didnt because I called to check and there is nothing in their system. So he obviously doesn't care too much about seeing them. Now I have to sit back and wait for him to go set up the court date...which he probably wont do because he's at the limit where he will get a warrant for his arrest if he doesnt catch up with his child support. And Im not going out of my way to make a court date because one I am not missing out on a whole days worth of pay and second he wants to see them he can take the initiative.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Why would that not be admissible? I dont think it would stand alone, but I would think you could use it along w other things like missed visitationetc to show a pattern of behavior.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM
It won't matter. Unless you can show ongoing pattern. But even then the judge will try to work out a visitation schedule for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Hes seen them about once a month in the past 5 months. And I have proof.

Quoting conniejo75:

It won't matter. Unless you can show ongoing pattern. But even then the judge will try to work out a visitation schedule for him

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
This.

No contact is NO CONTACT. A child support payment to CSE is considered contact. And dudes say a lot of stupid shit to hurt us after a relationship ends. What you listed will not get his rights terminated.

Quoting conniejo75:

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I never said I was trying to get his rights terminated. I am going to give him the min amount of time with them since he doesn't care to see them. The time with them will be for the kids to see him not vice versa. At least the judge will see that I was being cooperative, but he couldnt put his pettyness aside to see his kidd. I never denied time.

Quoting faerie75:

This.

No contact is NO CONTACT. A child support payment to CSE is considered contact. And dudes say a lot of stupid shit to hurt us after a relationship ends. What you listed will not get his rights terminated.

Quoting conniejo75:

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM

oh ok well if he is not tkaing his time, sure have it modified.

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 3:37 PM

You can show it but it will all depend on your judge, some judge wont' even bother looking at it and assigned visitation right without hearing one arrangement and you may get a good judge that will look at it and it take into consideration. Best thing you can do is print it out and when the judge allows you to speak bring it  up, but I will warn you, the judge will usually split visitation rights "fairly" if there is no signs of abuse.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Because its hearsay. Yes, it can be used to show a pattern in behavior but that doesn't make it admissible evidence.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)