Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

How strong do you think this will be in court?

Posted by   + Show Post
So my ex sends me an email saying hes not agreeing on any type of visitation chedule with me. So do you think I could show that to the judge to prove he doesnt want to be apart of their lives?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM
How is it heresay hearsay however you spell it lol if HE said it himself. I thought hearsay was indirect...I took a few criminal justice classes. Was I sleeping?
But anywho, I will let you ladies know what happens...if we ever go to court.

Quoting tyfry7496:

Because its hearsay. Yes, it can be used to show a pattern in behavior but that doesn't make it admissible evidence.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Why would that not be admissible? I dont think it would stand alone, but I would think you could use it along w other things like missed visitationetc to show a pattern of behavior.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:53 PM
How is it heresay hearsay however you spell it lol if HE said it himself. I thought hearsay was indirect...I took a few criminal justice classes. Was I sleeping?

Quoting tyfry7496:

Because its hearsay. Yes, it can be used to show a pattern in behavior but that doesn't make it admissible evidence.

Quoting Mamavelt:

Why would that not be admissible? I dont think it would stand alone, but I would think you could use it along w other things like missed visitationetc to show a pattern of behavior.

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:57 PM
The judges here actually like when you make your own schedule and just read it out to them. Me and two of my friends did that and the judges were ok with it. So Im going to leg it be known that Ive been trying since September.

Quoting victoriahearts:

You can show it but it will all depend on your judge, some judge wont' even bother looking at it and assigned visitation right without hearing one arrangement and you may get a good judge that will look at it and it take into consideration. Best thing you can do is print it out and when the judge allows you to speak bring it  up, but I will warn you, the judge will usually split visitation rights "fairly" if there is no signs of abuse.

KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM
HIS CHOICE..CANT FOR HIM TO SEE HIS CHILD..
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:11 PM
So have I and I went through court to get parental rights terminated and was told by 2 attorneys and the judge that things like that aren't usually admissible because there is no way to prove someone said something unless its recorded or witnessed by others. So please stop your attitude, it doesn't help anyone. I'm going by experience and legal advice from legal professionals.

Quoting ckmom2013:

Quoting tyfry7496:

Quoting Mamavelt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyfry7496
by Janet on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Also, if you took criminal justice classes and know what's admissible, then why are you asking for advice? You should know the answer.

Quoting ckmom2013:

Quoting tyfry7496:

Quoting Mamavelt:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckmom2013
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Attitude? I didn't know putting lol was having an attitude. And yes I am asking for opinions and yours suck so goodbye! And to tell you the truth I don't think you understand the term hearsay very well..that's like him emailing me saying he is going to kill

Quoting tyfry7496:

Also, if you took criminal justice classes and know what's admissible, then why are you asking for advice? You should know the answer.

Quoting ckmom2013:

Quoting tyfry7496:

Quoting Mamavelt:

ckmom2013
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Me and I show it to the police and bring it to court they are going to say I can't use it as evidence? Yeah sorry you make no sense.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Not sure but here's a bump for ya!

jenmomx3
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM

yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)