Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Mixed Feelings

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this
So I'm needing some advice about my daughters father... Over the past two years we've done nothing but fight over everything! We have been in the same custody battle for the past two years also. The last couple months or so we have been getting a long. We went to mediation back in November 2012 during mediation my ex sent me a text "do you want to get back together and forget all this" since then we have had many conversations/ heart to hearts about everything. We are still in a custody battle an nothing has changed there. I have not allowed anything to happen between us either because there is one major issuse. My ex got married back in April 2012 and is still currently married. His wife knows nothing of our conversation. Everytime we see each other he tries to bring up "us" and wants to know my honest opinion which I won't give bc he's married.. This has been on my mind since day one. I am tired of being a single mom and I honestly want my family back together. But then again he's married. Would it be wrong if I told him how I honestly felt? But what if it ends his marriage and we don't work out in the end? There's so many question that come to mind. I just don't know what to do or say about any of this.
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NananRaysmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
tell him how you really feel...your family and child come first.. if you could work things out...that would be best for your child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ImaSoulMom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You are a rare kind of beautiful person who respects marriage. Thank god there are women like you. I was beginning to think most women don't respect vows or each other. Not only that but you don't deserve to just be the person he screws around on his wife with. Be honest. If you want a true relationship, tell him you do not want to have a relationship with a married man.

I think if he is going to be with you and loves you then he should marry you. If you get married to him or someone else you do not want that hanging over you.

Know what you deserve. Know what you are worth because you now have a child who will learn how women should be treated by watching you.

Big Hug!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I wish my ex had respected our marriage.  He cheated on me and fathered two kids in the process.  Had he tried to rekindle our relationship once again I would have told him to jump over a waterfall. 

Your ex got married.  If he truly wanted things to work out then why did he leave you in the first place and then ultimately get married?  I wouldn't trust him at all.  Your mind needs to remind you that you broke up with him for many good reasons.  Don't text him anymore.  Your life with your ex is over.  Hopefully, he will continue to be a good father to your child. 

Ditto to what ImaSouMom said.  Had my ex and his bimbo actually respected our marriage my DD and I wouldn't have gone through all this hell.  Women deserve to be treated with respect.  Wives deserve to be treated with respect.  Your ex has no idea just what kind of a wonderful ex-wife he has. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN