Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Interstate Child Support Advice

Posted by   + Show Post

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice or if anyone has had to deal with this.

I live in Georgia, my hometown, I moved back here when my son was 5 months old, he was born in Tennessee, which is where his father lives. (My DS is now 4 and 1/2)

I filed for child support in 2009, they established a case in 2010, but other than that they have done NOTHING for me. No court date, no court order, nothing. I gave them numerous information including his drivers license number and social security number.

I have contacted the interstate child support office, the local office, and the office in TN to no avail.

I am assuming they "can't find him" or they just aren't trying since it's out of state.

* He does not talk to my DS, and has not seen him since he was 10 months old. I on the other had hear from him about once a month. He does not work, has no car, makes no effort to try to see him, or send money or nessessities. He thinks because he does not work, that it's ok to not support his son.

I would like to get the ball rolling on a case, or have his rights terminated.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-12):
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

the disability game is a total joke. So many people think they are entitled to that money and that is why the system is broke and will likely be totally gone by the time we are 67. Since you are on govt assistance I am surprised the agency has not gotten more aggressive with him.

zanesmommy538
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I agree, it is a total joke. I don't (care) what his problems are, but I do know that he can work a job and does not need disability. Assuming they don't care because I don't get alot of assistance, and as one of the other posters said, he has no job or assets.

Quoting Oliviasmom72:

the disability game is a total joke. So many people think they are entitled to that money and that is why the system is broke and will likely be totally gone by the time we are 67. Since you are on govt assistance I am surprised the agency has not gotten more aggressive with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)