Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

housing??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM
  • 25 Replies
Mom and be have been arguing more she has kicked me out more then onces but my dad keeps calling me back. This last time I had nowhere to stay so me and baby girl slept in car. I been looking for a place but no luck a friend told me about these apt that say they help low income families. I went and they said I qualified for the 60% low income which means for the 2bed 2 bath for 720 a month I don't know how that is helping the only thing I see is that they ask for 200 deposit n u don't pay rent until the first of the month. If I move in on the 5th of the month I just pay the 200 n don't pay first mmonth until the next month. But other then that I don't see how they help. Now I just got the paper for housing but I am scared they going to place me in the "projects" which I know I shouldn't be choosing when am begging. But I want the best for my little one and the "projects" are usually in bad neighboorhoods I should know since I used to "party" in my younger years there with the friends of my cousin. So I am conflicted any advice from u ladies I would highly appriciated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaevynEvermore
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:47 AM
1 mom liked this
720 for a 2bed2bath is an awesome price.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaevynEvermore
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Were you expecting a 2bed2bath for $200 in a great area? If that's how it worked everyone would want to be single parents with low income. Take what you can get, its more than a lot of people have
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Not all hud apts are bad. I am close to wal mart, the mall,sams club,academy. Keep to yourself and do the best you can and btw they go by your income. The hud apt I live in is 2bedroom 1fullbath and a half bath the market value is 720.00 & the only reason for that is its close to both a busy street full of businesses and then it goes into a "middle claass-rich" neighborhood
anonymous12308
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 2:55 AM
No low income apt is going to be nice and full of great people. You have to think who lives there and why they cant afford things. Not everyone just fell on a hard time a llt ofbthem is because of drugs and alcohol. I suggest you talk to your dad pick up 2 jobs or school something and ask him to help you save up for a better place if you are getting a tax refund use that when it comes.
amylee88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:04 AM
2 bed 2 bath is 720 200 is just deposit n those are actually in a good neighboorhood

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Were you expecting a 2bed2bath for $200 in a great area? If that's how it worked everyone would want to be single parents with low income. Take what you can get, its more than a lot of people have

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amylee88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:08 AM
I get payed 300 every week. But I have so many loans that I had to take out because my mom kept making me feel guilty and I can't ask dad to help me save since am broke because of them

Quoting anonymous12308:

No low income apt is going to be nice and full of great people. You have to think who lives there and why they cant afford things. Not everyone just fell on a hard time a llt ofbthem is because of drugs and alcohol. I suggest you talk to your dad pick up 2 jobs or school something and ask him to help you save up for a better place if you are getting a tax refund use that when it comes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:54 AM
2 moms liked this

You're broke because of you. You have to take responsiblity for your part. Your parents gave you a place to stay......regardless of whether your mom amd you fight.

As for the housing.....be thankful that you're being offered anything.

Sit down and work out a budget.

amylee88
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM
How can I take part in responsibility when I don't use my pay check for me except for food other then that it all goes to my moms bills and gambling addiction

Quoting SoKamele:

You're broke because of you. You have to take responsiblity for your part. Your parents gave you a place to stay......regardless of whether your mom amd you fight.

As for the housing.....be thankful that you're being offered anything.

Sit down and work out a budget.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Right now I would probably just take what I could afford and work on saving for something different.  I would think an apartment (even not the best of one) would be a lot better than your car for you and your child.  Good luck! 

jwaren
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I totally agree with you.  Take what you can get right now. If it means a projects apartment that you can afford as you get on your feet, then take it and create a plan to get out of there as fast as you can.  This isn't a life sentance. You have the ability to take charge of your life and get into a sitution you want. Work on building your savings, your credit and your employability so that you become the person you want to be so you can live in a better area.  

Quoting easinpc:

Right now I would probably just take what I could afford and work on saving for something different.  I would think an apartment (even not the best of one) would be a lot better than your car for you and your child.  Good luck! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)