Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Do you own a fly swatter?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you have a fly swatter?

Options:

Yes

No

Yes, more than one

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 26

View Results

I have one, but someone told me today that fly swatters are old fashion. Do you have one?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Replies (31-40):
jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Plenty of uses, haha? Makes me curious:). What ese do u use it for? And what sort of fly swatter do u have? The one with metal handle? Post a pic:)

Quoting witchybabymomma:

LOL old fashioned?? what are you supposed to use?? Mine are mainly for wasps that get in the house, but they have plenty of uses :-)

witchybabymomma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 PM

can post a pic when I get home I have 2 of the ones with the metal wire handles and one heavy duty thick plastic one. I tease my son with the heavy duty one. He's in a phase where he wants me to "scare" him and I have hardwood floors and it makes a really loud sound if you smack the floor with it. Not sure why but he thinks it's funny LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Plenty of uses, haha? Makes me curious:). What ese do u use it for? And what sort of fly swatter do u have? The one with metal handle? Post a pic:)

Quoting witchybabymomma:

LOL old fashioned?? what are you supposed to use?? Mine are mainly for wasps that get in the house, but they have plenty of uses :-)

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM

big smile miniWhich swatter do you prefer to use?

Quoting witchybabymomma:

can post a pic when I get home I have 2 of the ones with the metal wire handles and one heavy duty thick plastic one. I tease my son with the heavy duty one. He's in a phase where he wants me to "scare" him and I have hardwood floors and it makes a really loud sound if you smack the floor with it. Not sure why but he thinks it's funny LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

witchybabymomma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Since my main problem is wasps I prefer the heavy duty, but for flies and spiders I think the others are lighter and I'm a little better aim with them LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:42 PM

You only need one smack with the heavy duty to finish a wasp off? I need at least 3 good smacks before I can be sure he´s dead and gone:)

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Since my main problem is wasps I prefer the heavy duty, but for flies and spiders I think the others are lighter and I'm a little better aim with them LOL

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Nope, I don't think I have ever seen a spider in our apartment either. 

Quoting jenna30:

Do you even get spiders that high up? it must be very bug free up there

Quoting victoriahearts:

Nope but we don't get many bugs in our apartment, because the windows don't open we live on the 28 floor.

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:18 PM

wink mini

Quoting victoriahearts:

Nope, I don't think I have ever seen a spider in our apartment either. 

Quoting jenna30:

Do you even get spiders that high up? it must be very bug free up there

Quoting victoriahearts:

Nope but we don't get many bugs in our apartment, because the windows don't open we live on the 28 floor.

witchybabymomma
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I generally step on them with a shoe after I knock them on the ground with the swatter so I know they are good and dead then I throw them in the trash to make sure my son doesn't step on them. Not sure if you can get stung after they are dead but don't wanna take a chance you know.

Quoting jenna30:

You only need one smack with the heavy duty to finish a wasp off? I need at least 3 good smacks before I can be sure he´s dead and gone:)

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:06 PM

You can get stung after they have died!

Quoting witchybabymomma:

I generally step on them with a shoe after I knock them on the ground with the swatter so I know they are good and dead then I throw them in the trash to make sure my son doesn't step on them. Not sure if you can get stung after they are dead but don't wanna take a chance you know.

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

Quoting jenna30:

Quoting witchybabymomma:

jenna30
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM

seems like most people have one:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN