Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Poll

Question: Would you initiate a move?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

My family lives 3 hours away, I have no support where I currently live. I have stayed here so DD7 could be close to her Dad. Ex is very irresponsible. He is 30K behind in CS, has not had a real job in 4 years, his parents gave him the $$ to buy a hole in the wall bar and that is where he works. He was an executive making six figures when we were married.

On the days I work he comes over and gets DD to school, (before care does not open early enough for her to go there).  

Twice in the past 6 months Ex has failed to show up so I could leave for work.  I had to take DD to work with me until I could call her paternal grandparents to come get her, made me late for work both times. A classmate's mother offered to let me bring DD over there on the days I work at 6 am and the girls can catch the bus. Awesome, right??? He doesn't want me to take her. Says paying her raise will his CS (which he does not pay).

I meet with my attorney on Friday to address moving and contempt for failure to pay CS. If am allowed to move I would be near my parents, bro, sis and their spouses, all who would help out. This will have to go through the courts, not even sure they will allow me to move.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (11-12):
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Tough be prepared to have to be the transportation to see her father
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themomthenurse
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I know if/when I file to relocate it's going to be ugly. He will file for full custody, which they won't give him because of his unstable lifestyle. I just don't want to spend the money on attorney fees only to have them say I can't move. I know having her Dad in her life is important but so is being able to afford food.

I agree being late for work is not the end of the world but I am a nurse and that means the other nurse has to stay over until I get there. That causes problems for both of us, her getting overtime and me clocking in late.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the support!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN