Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

custody agreement

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

its drawn up by a lawyer and he wants equal right how can bd have equal rights to a ebf 9 week old oh and he want to take her on a 2 week vacation how do u agree on things like this is it possible i still see co custody in future she just didnt wantebf 9 week old spending night and de law says they have overnights anyone ever have a newborn spend night at bd house co ??

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My ebf son was not allowed over nights until he was 1.  He could only have him a couple hours at a time and never exercised the right...just visited him for a couple minutes and that was it. 

bnh89
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:23 PM
There is something called "The under 3 protection act" I believe that's what it is, but it says that a child cannot stay overnight with the other parent until they turn 3.

ETA: That's only if you request it, its not standard.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lurion
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:25 PM

His lawyer can ask for anything he wants...doesn't mean he'll get it :) 

3grls1wildboy
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM

but there doing this out of court her lawyer drew it up and he wants everything equal rights he just dont get a newborn has more of a bond with mother than dad its just nature till there alittle older this is 1 thing she will not agree to him haveing baby for 2 weeks in summer and he thinks both of them should have (visitation) when baby lives with her i think hes being un realistic and his visitation is 10 hers is 90 right now ...

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:14 AM
He can ask for anything doesn't mean he will get it. Get a consult from an attorney to learn your state laws on this issue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)