Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I need someone to laugh with me.

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Because sometimes the things my ex says are totally laughable.  

I was a SAHM for 13 years.  It was my being home and looking after the kids 24/7 that allowed him to do the job he does.  Ya, I could have worked but I would have been, in essence, a single working Mom since his hours wouldn't allow me to ever depend on him.  I moved across the country for his job.  I moved to a small town hours away from everything because we didn't want our kids growing up in the city he works in and he was too cheap to buy closer (houses here are very cheap...because we aren't near ANYTHING). 

So...now that he's "trying to get his life back"  he thinks I need to get a job ASAP so he can sign the house over to me and get a mortgage for his own house in the city.  I'm going to school right now so in 2 years I CAN get a good paying job. 

He thinks I should be able to be a single mother to 4 girls (he takes them 42 hours a month), handle a full University courseload and have a full time job.  And he'd like to be able to hand the house over in 6 months - it has no kitchen cupboards and half a bathroom because we had ice damming 2 years ago and he used the insurance money to fund his "finding himself" instead of repairing the house - I couldn't get a mortgage for what's owed on it in the condition it's in right now (but he can't afford to help pay to have the repairs done because he's paying off the rest of his "finding himself" debt)

And the best...He thinks in the next year or so I should move the girls to a town closer to him.  Because he doesn't like having to drive the 2.5 hours to get them for visitation.  He thinks they should be closer to him.  Ummmm he's the one who bought a house here and why the hell should I move away from all my friends and why the hell should our kids be made to move AGAIN so his life can be made easier.  He walked away.  He chose to make his home in the city as opposed to closer to his girls.  

And why does he think all this...because his girlfriend told him it was all a good idea.  Ya, he actually told me all these ideas came from her.  God I'm glad I have a damn good lawyer, lol.

Oh, she also thinks he should take her and the girls on a cruise or something this year.  And get a 3 bedroom apartment.  And spend more time with her and not work overtime to pay his bills.  Ya, sweetie...I see you haven't seen his CS and Alimony bill a month, eh?  And I'm even giving him a deal compared to the federal tables.  

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ImaSoulMom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
He sounds very inconsiderate, to put it nicely. The girlfriend sounds like she is butting into things that are none of her business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:25 AM
Wow. Hes about as brilliant as my ex. Telling my girls your mom needs to get a job. How? No vehicle and stuck in middle of country. I got one now but gotta get rides.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Hugs mama I'm sorry he is so selfish
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeah... sounds like my ex. Sometimes I sit and wonder about I dumb I could be that I was in love with that man.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Actually thats funny hes so pussy whipped. wait til she sees those bills and flips and walks off. LMAO!
He is so dumb. He deserves everything he has coming to him. Cuz karma is a bitch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steviechick
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Your ex sounds like mine.   However, I couldn't be a SAHM because I was 'living in the 50's'.  Yep, talk about Neanderthal Man!  And, guess who was the breadwinner the entire time we were married?  Moi. 

Your ex deserves to have a nit wit for a gf.  She will dump him just as soon as she sees how 'rich' he is.  Like my ex, moving on to someone else and not seeing his own problems firsthand will only give him more sorrorw and misery in his life.  You reep what you sow. 

If your ex wants to see his girls have him make arrangements to see them.  He moved and he left you.  That's his problem.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:47 PM

What an idiot. Just stand your ground.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN