Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not preg & now sad

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 8 Replies
I was late & even though the two test I took we're negative, I was really thinking I was preg. I was kind of unsure how I felt about it. If I had gotten preg it was b/c I didn't want to get into a fight or listen to my bf whine so I had sex with him. We're not in the best place right now. This morning 4 days late, I started spotting. Now I pretty depressed about it. I thought I was preg & was figuring out how everything would work out & be great. Now I'm just sad thay I'm not preg. Like I want to cry right now. I'm not so sure why. I thought I'd be relieved. I'm so not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
victoriahearts
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

There is always an aurora of exciting with pregnancy regardless of it was planned or not,  you are probably coming off that excitement there is also maybe a little part of you that though it could address some of your problems with your bf, regardless of the reason why you are allowed to feel let down but also look at it as a second chance to address the problems you are currently having and try to work them out or move yourself into a different directions. Take it has a sign of you need to start dealing with the things you been putting off, so that the next time you think you will be pregnant it will be at the best time possible. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

honey, pregnancy does not fix rough patches. it makes everything worse. sorry you are disappointed but if you arent in a good place, its a blessing in disguise believe me.

Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I guess a big part of it was thinking I could get preg. I get cysts, I forget what it's called that I have but I don't really ovulate so I probably can't get preg again. I know a baby doesn't fix a relationship, I have one kid and it didn't fix that relationship. I just felt like I'd be done having kids by now. I wanted 3 kids before I was 30. Well 30 is the end of this year. I could be done with 2 and would have had them before 30 if I was preg. I even knew in the back of my head that I would probably have to raise the baby by myself eventually. I was ok with it. It was nice to think I could have another, with him or doing it alone it was another.

CafeMom Tickers

Mocking.Jay
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I don't wanna be rude, but why would you want to be pregnant if your situation is anything but stable? 

It's your life, but maybe it was meant to be. It's not right. A baby will not fix a relationship. That's why I'm a single mom who now has to try find some bullshit answer to give my prof. The daycare called me today, and having no family in the city to watch him, I was under obligation to take my son out and I have an exam in 10 minutes but I'm sitting at home because the doctor said my son just has a headcold so he wouldn't write me a dr's note for $20 for my son...

It's tough. If I had two, I would lose my fucking mind right now. I called my prof and he said I just have to get a note from the daycare since it's THEIR responsibility that I missed my exam today. Luckily, I'm able to write it on Friday!

Mocking.Jay
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM

It's called PCOS I think. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.

Quoting Tsmommy106:

I guess a big part of it was thinking I could get preg. I get cysts, I forget what it's called that I have but I don't really ovulate so I probably can't get preg again. I know a baby doesn't fix a relationship, I have one kid and it didn't fix that relationship. I just felt like I'd be done having kids by now. I wanted 3 kids before I was 30. Well 30 is the end of this year. I could be done with 2 and would have had them before 30 if I was preg. I even knew in the back of my head that I would probably have to raise the baby by myself eventually. I was ok with it. It was nice to think I could have another, with him or doing it alone it was another.

Tsmommy106
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I am a single mom. I know how it is to be a single mom. Maybe I'm luckier because I do have family that will help me. I have a great sister who takes my son every week so I can go to class. My parents would be glad to have my baby too if I had one.

I wasn't trying to get preg. Like I said I think part of it was because I thought I was preg when I don't really think I can get preg. I would rather have a stable, happy relationship and a happy little family. But I don't have that. I would be ok if I was preg b/c I've done it once so I know I can do it again. It's not easy, and would be hard with another but I would do anything for my children whether I have a man or not.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

I don't wanna be rude, but why would you want to be pregnant if your situation is anything but stable? 

It's your life, but maybe it was meant to be. It's not right. A baby will not fix a relationship. That's why I'm a single mom who now has to try find some bullshit answer to give my prof. The daycare called me today, and having no family in the city to watch him, I was under obligation to take my son out and I have an exam in 10 minutes but I'm sitting at home because the doctor said my son just has a headcold so he wouldn't write me a dr's note for $20 for my son...

It's tough. If I had two, I would lose my fucking mind right now. I called my prof and he said I just have to get a note from the daycare since it's THEIR responsibility that I missed my exam today. Luckily, I'm able to write it on Friday!

CafeMom Tickers

mz23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Awe sorry.,my sisters husband had vas., so no more kids, but my sister thought she was pregnant, took a test but wasn't. She said she was disappointed and sad so I understand how you feel(kinda). You may not have anymore kids, but at least you,have the one you have.,I hope things work out for you.
steviechick
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Every mom has joy thinking she might be pregnant.  I think this was a blessing in disguise, too.  Of course you wanted to be a mom again, but that could possibly be without another father in your child's life.   I wish my ex wasn't so messed up, but he is.  It hurts me to see my DD without a male figure in her life.  But, since my ex is so unstable it's best to keep him at bay until he turns his life around - IF he ever decides to. 

You have two beautiful kids.  Rejoice in them! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN