Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Starting a book club...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 2 Replies
I really want to start a book club, but Idk how many members to have or how I can do this with two babies running around. I dont want this to be any kind of book club, I want us to be able to go out and do other stuff too. Any ideas?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Well, if you don't want a book club then why call it one?  LOL!   Why not do what some of my FB gal pals do, they have started a FB book club.  They meet once a month at a local Panera Bread.  They meet to discuss the book they are reading, drink some coffee and perhaps eat a snack, lunch or even dinner.  I would start a club on your FB account.  Local gals interested in reading a good book. 

Gemini_MomOfTwo
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Let me correct myself, I DO want it to be a book club, but not just have it limited to talking about books all the time. As far as doing the FB thing, that sounds like a good idea and we have a panera bread about ten mins away.

Quoting steviechick:

Well, if you don't want a book club then why call it one?  LOL!   Why not do what some of my FB gal pals do, they have started a FB book club.  They meet once a month at a local Panera Bread.  They meet to discuss the book they are reading, drink some coffee and perhaps eat a snack, lunch or even dinner.  I would start a club on your FB account.  Local gals interested in reading a good book. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)