Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What would you do?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM
  • 16 Replies
My daughters father is a complete douche bag, yes at times he is there for my angel & will get diapers,wipes & clothes. well I was finally gonna let him take her last weekend but she was afraid of him, mind u he sees her maybe once a month. if she is lucky! but he came up here right drinking & expected to take her for the night. am I just being a bitch for that being the last straw and filing for full custody & supervised visits? I really dont want him taking her & me never getting her back due to him drinking and driving...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM
1 mom liked this
right after*
Ridingsolo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:40 AM

I wouldn't have allowed him to show up once a month in the first place.  I'd have told him he's either in or out.  So, I think you are definitely doing the right thing now!  He needs to act like a father, not a child himself.

breebree04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM

You definately are doing the right thing. It only takes one time for him to drink and drive with you daughter and get into an accident seriously hurting her or worse. I wouldnt let him take her and Id be going back to court

Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
thank you ladies! I'm glad Im not going the bitch thing like some mothers do! I just didnt have it in me til now
CEMomma1979
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I think you did the right thing! Don't ever feel bad for protecting your precious litte one! 

It's not goodbye, it's see you soon. girl on a swing

victoriahearts
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Your not being a bitch, part of being parent if protecting your child even if it means from another parent. I would file for a set custody arrangement that says he is not allowed to drink or smoke in front of her or take her when he is under the influence of alcohol or any type of drugs. 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You are not being a bitch.  You are ticked off and are doing the right thing for your child's safety.  I've blocked my ex from even talking to my DD because he can't stop being a jerk.  When our exes can't act like fathers its time for us to step in and BE the parent. Get that visitation right turned around for the benefit of your child. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM

no. id have filed for a custody arrangement a long time ago. it protects you, her, AND him actually. id have also filed for support a long time ago too. if hes not helping you out with MONEY on a consistent basis, its not "the bitch thing" to do.

Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
thats why i supervised visits she was never like this until his bday (1/7) I dont understand why she would all of a sudden flip the way she did

Quoting victoriahearts:

Your not being a bitch, part of being parent if protecting your child even if it means from another parent. I would file for a set custody arrangement that says he is not allowed to drink or smoke in front of her or take her when he is under the influence of alcohol or any type of drugs. 

Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:21 PM
he has a child support order cause I am on county aid. but I dont know where he works or where he lives due to being in a sober living

Quoting faerie75:

no. id have filed for a custody arrangement a long time ago. it protects you, her, AND him actually. id have also filed for support a long time ago too. if hes not helping you out with MONEY on a consistent basis, its not "the bitch thing" to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)