Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
My daughters father is a complete douche bag, yes at times he is there for my angel & will get diapers,wipes & clothes. well I was finally gonna let him take her last weekend but she was afraid of him, mind u he sees her maybe once a month. if she is lucky! but he came up here right drinking & expected to take her for the night. am I just being a bitch for that being the last straw and filing for full custody & supervised visits? I really dont want him taking her & me never getting her back due to him drinking and driving...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Replies (11-16):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:26 PM

its normal. if he comes around semi infrequently he is a "Stranger" to her and young kids and babies feel uncomfty with it.

Quoting Kristina_:

thats why i supervised visits she was never like this until his bday (1/7) I dont understand why she would all of a sudden flip the way she did

Quoting victoriahearts:

Your not being a bitch, part of being parent if protecting your child even if it means from another parent. I would file for a set custody arrangement that says he is not allowed to drink or smoke in front of her or take her when he is under the influence of alcohol or any type of drugs. 

Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM
so him trying to blame me is really making him look like an idiotI'm glad there is this site haha

Quoting faerie75:

its normal. if he comes around semi infrequently he is a "Stranger" to her and young kids and babies feel uncomfty with it.

Quoting Kristina_:

thats why i supervised visits she was never like this until his bday (1/7) I dont understand why she would all of a sudden flip the way she did

Quoting victoriahearts:

Your not being a bitch, part of being parent if protecting your child even if it means from another parent. I would file for a set custody arrangement that says he is not allowed to drink or smoke in front of her or take her when he is under the influence of alcohol or any type of drugs. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree

Quoting faerie75:

no. id have filed for a custody arrangement a long time ago. it protects you, her, AND him actually. id have also filed for support a long time ago too. if hes not helping you out with MONEY on a consistent basis, its not "the bitch thing" to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:40 PM

If he is in sober living then you should report his drunkenness. 

Quoting Kristina_:

he has a child support order cause I am on county aid. but I dont know where he works or where he lives due to being in a sober living

Quoting faerie75:

no. id have filed for a custody arrangement a long time ago. it protects you, her, AND him actually. id have also filed for support a long time ago too. if hes not helping you out with MONEY on a consistent basis, its not "the bitch thing" to do.

Kristina_
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I dont know where his sober living is or anything

Quoting MeeshMom:

If he is in sober living then you should report his drunkenness. 

Quoting Kristina_:

he has a child support order cause I am on county aid. but I dont know where he works or where he lives due to being in a sober living

Quoting faerie75:

mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

You definitely aren't being a bitch. Your baby doesn't have anyone to protect her but you. I don't care if he even had visitation scheduled, if my ex was drinking and came to get our son he'd lose an arm before I let him take him. You're trying to make things right for your daughter. It's not a matter of being a bitch but of being a mama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN