Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I want to move

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
I had a baby last June 2012 , me and her father never dated and when I told him I was pregnant he ignored me for 4 months then came around only to accuse me of keeping the baby out of spite and sleeping with multiple men. So he went back to ignoring me until 3 weeks before my daughter was born. I gave him a chance cause of course I want my daughter to have a father. Now we were on good terms and I mentioned to him that I wanted to move to Florida and I had been applying to jobs since before I was pregnant. He didn't object and said he would Skype and come visit. I actually got a job offer in Orlando when my daughter was 2 weeks old and I was hesitant to take it due to the start date negotiation. I told my daughters dad about the job and he was happy for me and said we have to take him to disney when he comes to visit. Long story short I didn't take it cause they only could give me 30 days and I needed more with the new baby and finding a place to live . I work for the government and this was another government job so they normally are pretty flexible. So now me and the father aren't really on good terms or bad terms but he saw his daughter about 8 times since she was born in June to August then he just stopped and caught a crazy attitude with me. He lied and said he ordered some bulk diapers and wipes for her that never came. Would tell me he would give money and then acted like he never said it. So far in her life he has provided 2 boxes of diapers and 2 cans of formula. On Christmas Eve he bought her a few toys which was unexpected. After August he saw he picked her up by himself for 2 hours on oct 9, then he saw her oct 31 for 30 min and dec 24 for 30 min. Last Saturday he asked me if he could have her the whole day sunday and I suggested 12-5 cause 8-8 was just way to long when she is only 7 months and doesn't know him. So Sunday rolls around and he texts me at 1155 and says dont be mad I had to much to drink last night. So he never showed up. I've still been applying for jobs in Florida and hopefully will get one soon. We have no custody agreement nor does he pay CS so I do this by myself if I get this raise and move I don't think I'd be wrong. He's told me several times he didn't want me to have this child in the first place and right now he stays 5 miles from us and doesn't see her so whats another state?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
breebree04
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

if hes not going to be give her stability and be a constant in her life then you have to do whats best for you and her. If that means moving and getting a better job then I say go for it! Good Luck!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM

since youhave no custody arrangement and he is not that active, id do what i want to do. he hasnt tried to take you to court or get any rights. id let him know though and give him my contact info.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Your child needs stability give him contact info
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

You go on and do what you have to do.

msmccarty
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:33 PM

since you dont have any agreement, i would send her, you are doing a awsome job and if a new job and move means more stability for you and your daughter i would take it 

steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:47 PM

You don't have an agreement with the ex.  He obviously is an off again/on again dad.  Accept that new job and move. If he wants to see his daughter, he can see her.  You have no agreement to not move anywhere.  Do what is best for you and your child. 

Cairasmom629
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Thank you all... That was my plan I was also planning on giving contact info and whenever I came bAck to Maryland id give him an opportunity to see her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cairasmom629
by Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM
I'm moving!!! Yayyyy!! Just in time to be furloughed and my expensive lease was up!
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)