Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Tell me if I am bad

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

I stayed home sick from work today. Legitimately. yesterday afternoon I had a sore throat and had a night class that got out at 10 pm. During class I could feel myself getting sicker and sicker. I hardly slept and woke up feeling like shit still. I felt body aches and chills, but no fever.

Well i took a nap earlier and I ate some breakfast and I am feeling better. I want to go get a mani pedi. I never do things like that for myself. Would it be bad if i did that? I would tell my coworkers that I did my own nails, which I normally do. I never can go get my nails done because I always have my son. I plan to go to work tomorrow.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

You sound like you are guilty for skipping work.  I've felt like crap before, too, left work and went home.  The next day I felt better and wanted to some things done for myself.  Get that pedi done.  Get it done for you.  Do something nice for yourself. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You were sick and now feel better. I don't see an issue with taking some for yourself too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lydi
by Lydi on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

go for it. we all deserve "me" time.

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I agree with the others.  Do something nice for yourself (and it'll help contribute toward your feeling better as well) and don't feel guilty about it.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this

i call in sick for mental health days occasionally. its my time, i earned it.

Robsessed98
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Nope, not bad at all. Hope you did it and had fun.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this

i didn't wind up going. But I did go to the beauty supply and got new shampoo and conditioner, manicure tools, a new nail polish, face wash and a masque. Then I did my own nails lol. I needed to spend the money mostly on the shampoo and wash that I was out of.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Glad you got what you needed and did get a little extra something for yourself!! Hope your feeling better.

Quoting MeeshMom:

i didn't wind up going. But I did go to the beauty supply and got new shampoo and conditioner, manicure tools, a new nail polish, face wash and a masque. Then I did my own nails lol. I needed to spend the money mostly on the shampoo and wash that I was out of.

Quoting Robsessed98:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)