Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh,if its not one thing,its another!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 10 Replies
My ex lost his job back in december, so I've only been getting sporadic,small amounts of child support. I've managed to make my paychecks stretch,but only because my mom was watching my son. Well, I got him into preschool,because he really needs the discipline and structure and socialization, but it freaking 116 bucks a WEEK! That's over half of my bringhome pay a week.

I feel like banging my head against the wall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lydi
by Lydi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:46 AM

i hear ya, my child support is behind as well. it can be very overwhelming and scary. hopefully your ex gets a new job and fast. 

Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:49 AM
*hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dawncs
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Have you thought about getting your son into Head Start which is a preschool program for low income families?

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

Robsessed98
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Do yall not have Headstart? It's free.

victoriahearts
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Sorry to hear about that but I agree with the other ladies, look into head start and see if it's available near you.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Don't bang your head against the wall!  Check out Headstart programs in your area.  What about your ex's unemployment?  Are you looking into getting some of that?

lnk8522
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM
He just started a new job last week, but they are dicking around with the cs paperwork. Plus he put in for reevaluation since he's gonna be making less now. The head start program here is only half a day, and I don't have anyone that can pick hm up or watch him for the rest of the hours I work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM

How about just regular in-home daycare-it could be a little cheaper, but still watch full time.   There are other children - not so many but enough.

reindeergames
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

For only that much money that you make you should qualify for state aid with childcare. I make $600 take home every other week so only $1200 take home aprox $1400 before taxes. Childcare is $20 a day for my daughter a at home daycare/preschool. State pays for all but $24 a week for me. I know every state does not run the same but it sounds like you should quaify for state aid with childcare. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I'd check out head start or if there is any state funding
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)