Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Sucks to be a single mom when you're super sick!

How do you do it?? uggggh. Not only was I already having all kinds of crazy stuff going on with my body due to a Fibromyalgia (or MS) flare-up for the past few months, but I've also been insanely sick this entire week (fever, flu, horrible head cold, nausea), and I've had this scary ice-pick pain in my left temple for the past 2 days. I can barely get up to make my daughter dinner each night and walk her to and from school every day. I'm in so much pain, I just want to cry and sleep all day long. I'm going to have to force myself to do dishes and take out the trash today. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
Meg_the_Mermaid
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My daughter and I had antibiotics...can't even remember what it was called now! But when it got real bad, we just went to our doctors and they gave them to us for the bronchitis. 

Quoting deltathree:

oh dear....what is with it this year where it lingers on & on?  What meds finally worked for you? 

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

My daughter and I both battled nasty sinus infections from September till December, so I hear ya! We had bronchitis during that time too. I hope you can start to heal very soon! 

Quoting deltathree:

ugh!  I hear ya.  My heart goes out to you.  I started with the flu & now have pneumonia & a sinus infection.  Been to the doc 4 times - been fighting it for 6 weeks now!!!  It's so hard & very old!  Hope ur feeling better soon.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Glad that worked for you.  I just tried 2 rounds of anti-bio. and they didn't work. 

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

My daughter and I had antibiotics...can't even remember what it was called now! But when it got real bad, we just went to our doctors and they gave them to us for the bronchitis. 

Quoting deltathree:

oh dear....what is with it this year where it lingers on & on?  What meds finally worked for you? 

Quoting Meg_the_Mermaid:

My daughter and I both battled nasty sinus infections from September till December, so I hear ya! We had bronchitis during that time too. I hope you can start to heal very soon! 

Quoting deltathree:

ugh!  I hear ya.  My heart goes out to you.  I started with the flu & now have pneumonia & a sinus infection.  Been to the doc 4 times - been fighting it for 6 weeks now!!!  It's so hard & very old!  Hope ur feeling better soon.

victoriahearts
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Sorry that really sucks I hope you feel better, usually when I'm sick I depend on my son's sitter to look after him when he isn't in school. Any friends or family that maybe pitch in ?

LauraMH
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I feel ya! I've been sick for over a week and my DD had surgery a few days ago. So on top of feeling like crap I'm caring for her and trying to miss sure my son has some attention at the same time. It's so hard to be a single mom, but we will get through each day and look back k.owing we did the best we could!
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Been there :( I'm sick now too but not as bad as yours. Antibiotics never work for me because due to my autoimmune disease and doctors not knowing much about it I spend a couple years being pumped with antibiotics for chronic infections. Steroids are the only thing that's kept me healthy. Feel better! If you need anything PM me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameraznkimko
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Im sorry that you are not feeling well...its tough to be a single mom. The only advice I have is to use essential oils to get over your sickness. I use them on myself and my kids and dont have much of a problem of someone getting sick..and I use to get sick allllll the time. You can apply them to the skin, diffuse them to kill bacteria and viruses, and ingest them(therapeutic grade only). I also build up my immune system by applying certain oils to the bottom of my feet each day and drink something called NingXia Red. Peppermint is a good one for fever, nausea, congestion. My two favorite blends are Thieves and ImmuPower, but there are so many others. They can  also help with fibromyalgia and MS.

PoplarGrove
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Due to my exes job I've always had to parent solo the majority of the time (God forbid he take a day off to help me out or come home to help me).  Paper plates, bowls and plastic cups are a god send when I'm sick.  Ya, it's bad for the environment but with 4 kids there is no way I could keep up with all the dishes when I'm sick.  

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I feel you it's the worst
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM
Hope you get well. Ask family members to look after your daughter, that's what I do with my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Hope you get well. Ask family members to look after your daughter, that's what I do with my son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN