Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

so if u were asked for a number figure for child support what would ur number be??

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

the bd wants to see an itimized list .....

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

oh for a baby

victoriahearts
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Your really need to take a look at what your baby needs are how expensive they are, and of course take into about your cost of living. Depending on where you live the number will vary a lot, $500 dollars could go far in one place but could do very little in another. Also if the bd is being civil you can make alternative arrangements like him being 100 % responsible one thing in turn for you take care of something else. Also look at what your state mins are, some states set a percentage of the other parent income as child support. Best advice is try to come up with an arrangement that works for you and the other parent outside of court, that is what I did and I'm very thankful for that.

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Put into consideration insurance coverage for your child, how much rent is, food on a weekly basis, day care, diapers, or any other necessities.  I would also look at how much the bd makes.  And, each state has it's own amount set for cs.  I would calculate our child's financial needs and present everything to the bd.  You are lucky to have a bd that is willing to at least pay you to support his child. 

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

he hasnt yet..but he also wants 50 /50 custody and he wants newborn 50 percent of time so i still think its going to end up in court bc theres no way baby can be there half the time

Quoting steviechick:

Put into consideration insurance coverage for your child, how much rent is, food on a weekly basis, day care, diapers, or any other necessities.  I would also look at how much the bd makes.  And, each state has it's own amount set for cs.  I would calculate our child's financial needs and present everything to the bd.  You are lucky to have a bd that is willing to at least pay you to support his child. 

brieri
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM

ummm, let's see = housing, utlilities, clothing, food, daycare (full-time or part-time if child in school), gas, drs, dentist - looking at braces, any other health issues involved, involved activities=e.g as little league, soccer, gymnastics, volleyball, on and on the list goes - quite a bit of money.  50/50 - still he has to pay for the half the child is  with mommy. 

tyfry7496
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Here's a partial list from a family court judge:

Housing, utilities, food, insurance...car, health, dental, renters or home, car payments, school or day care fees and tuition, extra curricular activities, clothes, shoes, medicine... prescription and over the counter, copay's, school supplies, diapers, wipes,etc.

My ex wanted to pay half of my sons expenses each month so the judge listed and I provided estimated amounts. By the time I hit $500, my ex shut up about paying $50 a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Child support is based off of state guidelines and it is generally based on income of both parents and usually parenting time. Extra curricular is very rarely ordered in support. If the custodial parent collect ssupport they are expected to pay for many of the items listed on their own.

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I'm an accountant and costed my child one time.  It costs more than double of what the ex is ordered and hasn't paid in 19 months for my 7 year old.  

Lurion
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

It's pretty straightforward by law. Just Goodle "Child support calculator" and punch in your income, his income, who's covering insurance and child care, how many nights the child is spending with each parent. and it will give you a number. 

Two lawyers, $5,000 and 8 hours of mediation later, the number we landed on was exactly the same as what I Googled in the first place :) 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
6 moms liked this
Tell him to fuck himself and use te child support calculator fr your state. It's none of his fucki business what you spend it on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN