Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

so if u were asked for a number figure for child support what would ur number be??

Posted by   + Show Post

the bd wants to see an itimized list .....

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Replies (21-23):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM

i have not heard of any father getting split custody of a breast fed newborn when he was not married to her when it was born. sometimes in the case of a couple divorcing and they have a baby, he might get it but never ever heard of it in your case.

all i did was document. we went to mediation and i just told the mediator he leaves my kid w his mother, he doesnt exercise his visitation and he studidly got rude w me in front of the mediator, showed his own ass. lol

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

how did u prove that in court bc i know he will deff leave child with mother ive never heard of a dad getting 50 /50 of a newborn have u ?

Quoting faerie75:

Anther thing: on the off chance he does get 50/50, ask for a review in 6 months. I did and just like I thought, he left my kid w his mama every chance he got so I told them about it an e got knocked down to 1st, 3rd and if applicable 5th weekend of month and tues and thurs dinner visit, which he never took.

Kisses4you
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Wait i am confused since when was the amount of child support negotiable? Where they married? 

With one kid It is a standard 17% of his gross salary that will be provided to her out of every pay check regardless... When it comes to day care and medical it is usually 50/50 unless one person makes a good amt more then the other where then they would be paying a higher percentage.... 

Here in NY that is how it is and its pretty black and white.. They can take some factors into consideration but really they go by that figure and hold pretty hard to it.... There isn't to much negotiating... 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM

^depends on the state. here in cali, it also depends how much parenting time. on the positive, if the ncp has the kid a goodly amount of time he isnt paying the cp a flat rate, which isnt fair, but on the negative, you get ncp's that dont really want split custody trying to get it to lessen their child support obligation.

the whole system is fucked really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN