Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I went out on a date during the week for the first time. My kids are finally old enough to be left alone.   We were having a really great time but I had to cut it short because I don't like leaving the kids alone for more than a couple of hours.  The kids were already in bed and I have a finished basement so I invited him in for a drink. 

Now I feel like a terrible mother.  Is it bad that I had a man in the house while the kids were upstairs sleeping?  All we did was sit on the couch and watch a movie then he left.

Thoughts?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Replies (11-13):
deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:18 PM

this - esp. being the 1st date..... 

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I'm uneasy, I would never let a date know where I live, especially if my children were home. Be careful who you bring around your children, you never know what type of person you might be dealing with.

s.osborne
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:12 PM
This is the 2nd post this person has made about this and this is exactly what i said the 1st time.

Quoting deltathree:

this - esp. being the 1st date..... 

Quoting mytrueloveS:

I'm uneasy, I would never let a date know where I live, especially if my children were home. Be careful who you bring around your children, you never know what type of person you might be dealing with.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:18 AM
I dated someone for a bit and we couldn't go out no sitter so he would come over after DS was in bed and we would talk watch movies etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)