Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how do u make ends meet if u r not able to work do to disablity

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hello I am a new member I hope everybody will be able to help me with some support. Also my son to it has been struggling to. Please be help
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
You should file for Social Security disability. It can take awhile to get approved though so in the mean time have you filed for TANF? & foodstamps & WIC?
Have you filed for child support?
tweetbird69
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I have social security and they say I have to much money to coming in. And my child is to old for wic. It is very hard to do that believe I am having a very hard time making end meet.

40sandPreg
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Idk. Do you get child support?
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Also HUD housing? Ppl on disability go on top off HUD waiting lists.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Welcome! Apply for everything the worst they could say is no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I guess my question is why do you think you are disabled? I am not trying to be nosy but if you are capable of working any job at all even if it is for less than what you are used to making, you need to work. You are going to likely be declined the first tine you apply. It will take a year or 2 to see any money if you are approved. You can work at home even there are jobs there.

tweetbird69
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Thank you everybody.and I want say this I I'm disability because of back.and I can not ever my doctor told me I was not going to be able to work never again.
divinemomma
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM

You have to have a really good budget.  If you havent applied for SSI Disabilty do so.Also take advantage of any reduced cost housing for disabled persons. Even if they say no kids, they do make exceptions you just have to ask. If you need help with a budget I can email you a PDF article about managing money and suggestions on how to save.

Annmarie31
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I'm sorry for all the struggles your going through. I may have a way to help you. Where do you live?
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Are you on disability and all the government programs you qualify for? It can take years to be approved for SSD, so if your disability is permanent, you need to apply now if you haven't already. I was disabled with fibromyalgia 10 years ago and lived with my parents for the 2 years it took me to get approved. Even after I started getting checks for me and also for my dd, I still didn't make enough to get by comfortably, so we moved in with my best friend for a year. I am allowed to make $800 and still draw SSD and fortunately after all these years am able to work just enough to make that and get by.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)