Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Moms with full custody...please share.

Posted by   + Show Post

To the moms who have full custody, how did you do it? I just want to hear the different stories. I know I am not in the worst case scenario, but I am eventually going to go for it once I have enough to bring to court.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (31-40):
Lita5202
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM

i'm a lucky one. My ex willingly gave me sole custody as long as he has parenting time. he see's them 1hr every wed and for the day every other saturday (he would get more but never calls cause he refuses to talk to me)

ckmom2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM

lucky lucky lucky lol 

Emiliush
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:18 PM

well the father isnt in his life... and doesnt do shit. so i can do whatever i want with my lovely son!!! :)

Tish_Hughes
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
I don't have sole custody but since we're both AD and in 2 different states, I feel like I do. I just do it. Nothin else to it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mammabear5150
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Had my attorney write up what I wanted and my daughters father didn't show up to divorce court or answer letters from attorney to set up visitation. So I got sole custody and "visitation at my discretion". Needless to say he's been absent, doesn't call to chk on her & doesn't ask to visit and barely pays cs.
MamaHens3
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I have sole custody, legal and physical since the day she was born. He pays child support, doesn't see her though and hasn't tried caring to. I don't mind, if he wanted to see her and or whatever he'd have to go through me. Unless he goes through the court, yet he has to put himself on the birth certif seeing as he isn't on it. They needed him physically there, and sure in hell wasn't able to reach him while in labor. 

lovebienmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I can't tell you I have alot of experience in the matter, I just have experienced my own battle. I have sole physical and legal custody of my two children and it wasnt easy to obtain. There was a fair amount of physical and mental abuse towards me, but I had to prove each statement I made. He had a drug problem that thankfully he got pulled over and arrested, so again I needed that proof. I have seen that the court wants both parents involved with the children with equal time, even if the other parent is an irresponsible jerk. Even if you know its not the best interst of the child you need to understand that there are things that you will just not like and will make your moral brain want to explode. I do recommend obtaining an attorney and if there is any type of domestic violence contact a womans center. They can be an advocate for you and help guide you to obtaining your goals. Also know that once you get custody its not set in stone. Be prepared to be in court for the duration. Good luck.

LilShamrock
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I have full custodial custody and share in legal custody if you can call it that. He doesn't do squat for her and I have to have enough documentation for the courts to have the legal custody ordered in my favor.
So for all intense purposes I'm the one floating the boat....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amantonacci
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I have sole custody of my son with no visitation with his dad. And I have physical custody of my daughter with joint legal custody with her dad.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM

depends where you are from. in my state both parents automatically get joint unless one give sit up to the other or one can prove the other unfit. court went pretty bad for my SO due to his old rap sheet and her crying she was "Scared" of him (shes not) but he still got joint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)