Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Moms with full custody...please share.

Posted by   + Show Post

To the moms who have full custody, how did you do it? I just want to hear the different stories. I know I am not in the worst case scenario, but I am eventually going to go for it once I have enough to bring to court.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
kitty8199
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 PM
In GA, since we weren't married I have full legal and physical until he takes me to court. And he wont
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jedwards2009
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
He's supposed to pay cs, but he hasn't since July.. and yes he gets visitation. But since I had full custody he gets bc I let him. Per the court he doesn't have any.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

so he pays cs and gets visitatoin??

Quoting jedwards2009:

It means she lives with me full time. But as far as anything legal is concerned he gets a say in what happens.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

what is fulll physical custody and joint leagal ??

Quoting jedwards2009:

I just told him "I'm taking dd" and that I wasn't doing the back and forth nonsense, I was getting full custody and he could come see her and get her whenever he wants. He said ok. So I have full physical custody and we have joint legal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:31 PM

is it you have it bc u gave birth to child and not married ..u never went to court does he see child ..sorry this is all new and i dont know

Quoting kitty8199:

In GA, since we weren't married I have full legal and physical until he takes me to court. And he wont

3grls1wildboy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:36 PM

i have a question my daughter had her lawyer write up an agreement ..did u attach it when u filed custody ?? im pretty sure he will fight it so does it then go to medeation?

Quoting proudmother5946:

My lawyer wrote up what I wanted. Sole legal custody, CS and to be able to move to Hawaii. I also got primary physical custody and I get to claim her every year on taxes.
He got visitation once a year, unsupervised is at my discretion.
I had to have him served though because he wouldn't pick up the certified letter.
I actually thought he would fight me, but he just gave in. I guess he really just doesn't care. He barely calls her.

kitty8199
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:39 PM
In GA dad has no rights until he legitimizes the child. You know who mom is, but dad has to prove it. Being married the child is legitimized automatically.
He has seen her once, his choice. I stopped trying to force it.

Quoting 3grls1wildboy:

is it you have it bc u gave birth to child and not married ..u never went to court does he see child ..sorry this is all new and i dont know

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I had automatic full custody because we wernt married he never fraught it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mytrueloveS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Never married and he will never take me to court. It's a waste of time and money, and he knows he will never get custody; I will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ckmom2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Im reading your responses. Good for you ladies. Your processes sound easy.In NJ its hard to get full custody Ive heard. I only saw one lady get it because the father was in and out of jail. But Im trying for it anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Mine was easy. He was 900 miles away and never stood in my way. I was always generous with him though and they spent as much time together as possible from halfway across the country.

Blue_Spiral
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM

My ex moved out of state a few months after we separated. I had a restraining order against him and he has a DV charge that he flaked on.

As of last month he never responded to the divorce papers and didn't take the "parenting class" so, now I am waiting for the papers to schedule the court date to get it official.

I asked for full custody with no visitation and I think it's pretty likely that I'll get it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN