Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Moms with full custody...please share.

Posted by   + Show Post

To the moms who have full custody, how did you do it? I just want to hear the different stories. I know I am not in the worst case scenario, but I am eventually going to go for it once I have enough to bring to court.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Mine was super easy. He was living in sc...i live in nc...he never showed up during the divorce proceedings. After 16 yrs of marriage. He was diagnosed mental and ptsd. In fact i was told if i even left the kids alone with him id lose custody. He doesnt want the kids. Cut and dry. Too bad i didnt have enough money to pay the lawyer to get cs too. I did well to afford the divorce
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ckmom2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Did you have to pay for the psych tests? I know this one is bi polar or either has multiple personalities and he told me his was diagnosed with depression n he has anger issues

Quoting Cenedra64:

Mine was super easy. He was living in sc...i live in nc...he never showed up during the divorce proceedings. After 16 yrs of marriage. He was diagnosed mental and ptsd. In fact i was told if i even left the kids alone with him id lose custody. He doesnt want the kids. Cut and dry. Too bad i didnt have enough money to pay the lawyer to get cs too. I did well to afford the divorce

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Ironically i'm the one who got my ex his 100 % disability with the VA. They asked who knew him best. My ex wife. I filled out the forms. No didnt cost a thing for all the evaluations. He was put on depression meds while in service. Had physical service connected disabilities too plus near 20 yrs special forces compounded ptsd. Am i furious he served his country yet wont pay cs...oh yes!

Quoting ckmom2013:

Did you have to pay for the psych tests? I know this one is bi polar or either has multiple personalities and he told me his was diagnosed with depression n he has anger issues

Quoting Cenedra64:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misha1204
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I don't understand...ummm, I was never married. Here, mom automatically gets full custody unless otherwise stated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
idunno1234
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:00 AM

" The worst part is they love going to see dad and think he;s the best thing ever when he does nothing to help support them"

I don't know how old your kids are, but I can guarantee almost 100%, that if you keep on taking the high road (such as refusing to bad mouth him to your kids) and just do the next right thing, your kids will eventually make up their own minds about him and if he doesn't change for the better, it won't be pretty.

raegan1221
by Raegan on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Just told my lawyer what I wanted...ex was abusive. It was fairly simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat31
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Is there a reason you want sole custody? In my state sole custody is very rarely awarded.
ckmom2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I have a million reasons lol but the main reasons. The main reason is because im already doing everytging on my own. The time he spends with them is now down to once a month or longer. I dont see why he should be included in anything just because hes on the birth certificate. He told me plenty of times to hurry and move out of state or he will...and thats just what Im going to do.

Quoting Kat31:

Is there a reason you want sole custody? In my state sole custody is very rarely awarded.

ckmom2013
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Sorry for the typos my keypad on my phone is small. I have big fingers lol.
grneyedormom
by Kendra on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Full physical and legal custody here with all major decisions shared. Child support paid on time every month, and plays an active role in our daughter's life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)