Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
NCJen84
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I left my ex husband when I had a 3, 2, and 10 month old

Jamilynn130
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Needless to say, it has not been easy for them.  My son still has not come to grips with the reality that his dad is gone, having to take all of in the way he did.  He is trying very hard to be strong, but we all know he is suffering from Depression.  He trys to stay busy, trying his best not to think about what happened.  Plus he tries to makes jokes to lighten the mood.  He is the only son so he feels he has to take responsibility for the rest of us.  Needless to say, he is doing such a wonderful job.  His dad would be very proud of him, teaching him how to treat people and showing respect.  I know I am proud of him.

My girls are still very depressed about their dad, for obvious reasons.  They go to school, but youngest (13) doesn't want to go due to problems at school. She was very close to her dad. But at least my 15 y/o and 13 y/o  are making an effort to get along with each other. It is going to take some time for things to get better, so we are taking things one day at a time. Their grades slipped for a while but they are making their way back up to where all of know they should be.  Both of them are very smart and are capable of pulling good grades, considering the circumstances I didn't get too upset. But their brother expected them to do better b/c he knew his sisters could do better than what their grades showed. They are doing better but I am going to get them to see a Therapist to help with their coping skills,communication skills and any other issues that needs to be addressed. Since there are 10 people in the house now, all of us work together to get done what needs to be done. It has been a hard adjustment for my daughters and I but I know that everything will be ok. God is in control!

steviechick
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex left me for his tramp who he got pregnant twice while they were having an affair behind my back for over three years.

youllneverknow
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
The first half of that is exactly why me and my ex broke up.we got pregnant after being together 10 monthsand we literally had nothing in common.and he was a huge dick until my son turned one.I tried to make our relationship work for another two years before I finally ended it.we just had too much baggage and it was time to let go.I just started dating though so I'm happy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kidsnme1982
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband got deported back to his country we have three kids together an I have a daughter from previous relationship we got married in2010 and he was sent to jail because he tried to molest my daughter earlier last year he got deported and I am trying to get a divorce but am kind of having financial problems
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ValGee
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM
8 moms liked this

Good job to all your single mommy's out there :) I was raised by a single mom and became one myself. We are strong women and continue to do right for our little ones. May God bless us one day with a man willing to take the responsiblity of a real man. I became a single mother 7 years ago. The abuse, alcoholism, cheating and lies drove me to do better for my son and I. I have done a whole lot better since then. Keep going strong ladies!!

Zee26
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am single mother by choice.  Any single mothers by choice here?

macbudsmom
by Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Divorce - He wasn't happy -- Said he wanted something more.  = (

victoriahearts
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Similar situation, my husband actually worked a lot overseas and when he was home he was always at his office till very late, I spend most of time alone with my son so what was the point of being married.

Quoting NananRaysmom:

6 years we were together... he worked nights...me days...I just figured if I was alone the time...might as well be single. We are still very good friends and get along great. we both live with other people...but I hope someday we end up back together.. he's a great dad...and person..

skittlebeans88
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh left four weeks ago tomorrow to be with his girlfriend. He walked out on me, our dd, and our son that hasn't been born yet. He's due in July.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)