Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Robsessed98
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

With dd1, I was living with bd and his dd. He was the kind who didn't know how to express emotions and kept it all inside, which was always our biggest problem because I'm the exact opposite. When I found out I was pregnant, he insisted on an abortion which I wouldn't even think about, let alone actually do. He finally accepted it, but stayed angry at me for 2 months. Finally, when I was 4 months and on Valentine's Day, I had a friend come move me back home to have the baby. I could tell he was sad about me leaving, but he never said anything to make me stay. So, I went home, had the baby alone and miserable because I loved him so much I couldn't stand it. He met dd at 6weeks and then finally got around to tellling me that he loved me, never wanted me to leave and had even gotten a little excited about our baby before I ever moved out. But, by then it was too late because I had started healing and couldn't go through that pain if I lost him again. We lived 900 miles apart and saw each other about 2 weeks every year. We talked about and tried to get back together for alot of years, but circumstances always got in the way.

DD2's dad came along 7 years later. We were friends for about 2 years before dating and got married right away after we started dating because I was pregnant. I never loved him and knew it all along and he only loves himself. After a few years, I divorced the pos and never looked back.

Blue_Spiral
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

He was very intense right away but I was so head over heels I went along with it and ignored red flags. I was extremely naive about men and relationships.

We got engaged quickly and my parents went right along with it.

I got pregnant 3 months into the relationship (after he proposed) and we got married 3 months after that.

He was very good at manipulating and controlling and I didn't really know how to handle it, and I was very confused about what was going on, etc.

The week of the wedding he finally did something that was the last straw, but being that I was already pregnant and the wedding was like 3 days away I didn't break up with him like I wanted to.

He got more and more abusive and reckless as time went on. He hated the responsibility of being a parent. We went to counselling for months and then suddenly he said he was moving out and I was relieved.

But then he didn't move out so finally when the physical abuse hit a peak I kicked him out.

He continued to harass me until he bought a ticket out of state and I got a restraining order the exact same week.

Now he's been contacting me saying he loves me and wants me back. The divorce is getting over with soon, thank goodness. 

MomJackie2012
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I was just out of a 3.5 year relationship and dated someone (my son'ts father) for a month shortly after my break up.  It was definately a rebound thing and never amounted to anything, but lo and behold I discovered I was pregnant with his child.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with me or the baby throughout my pregnancy, and now he is trying to tell me what to do because he is giving me a miniscule about of child support.  I want my son to have a father, so I am trying to work with him, but he is going through a divorce that has dragged on for over two years and wants to hide me and my son from his other daughter until his divorce is final.  It is embarassing and exhausting.  I do need the child support but think we would be much better off without all of his drama.  Oh well, I try to take it day by day and see how it pans out.  I told him I needed him to pay a more reasonable amount of child support yesterday and he responded with a threat to try to get joint custody so he could pay bills when he had the baby (purely an effort to save $ ). I FLIPPED OUT. I was crying hysterically.  How could someone who did not even want me to keep my son suddenly change his tune.  It's rediculous.

lydi
by Lydi on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

got pregnant and my ex let his true colors out and i left him and got divorced.  he bailed on dd so much that he has not been in her life for over 2 years.

MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this
I got knocked up by a doosh bag who left at the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son's father just walked out on me and my son one day in Feb of 2002... same with my youngest son's father... he walked out on us in March of 2008. Neither looked back. Their excuses were "You're fat, ugly and white!" I said back to them "I apparently wasn't that ugly when you slept with me. I didn't all of a sudden turn white over night and ummmm becoming fat sometimes happens when you have kids and have assholes that cause stress in your life! Good Riddance to you!"

LauraMH
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We were together for 9 years. I finally got tired of his abuse and kicked his ass out of the house. It was the hardest thing I have ever been through but my life is good now. I don't live everyday in fear and walking on eggshells wondering when he was going to blow, wondering what my children would see and hear. It was the best decision of my life.

I still have to deal with him bc he gets a lot of unsupervised visitation but I did end up with sole custody so that makes my life a whole lot easier.

Jennyanne322
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
DS was a month old. We were together almost 2 years and living together for a year. He left his side of the computer up. I clicked to go on MySpace. His MySpace popped up with a convo of him and some girl. They were meeting up that night. I printed out the convo, and started packing DS and my stuff. I paid for everything, but the TV in the apartment. I left the next morning and took it all, but the TV. He had cheated on me two times before that, and I stayed. He said he had changed. When I confronted him before I left, he punched me in the face and pushed me into the wall, while I was holding DS in my arms.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Phillymama123
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Man. This makes me think maybe things weren't so bad. Sometimes I think he and I could have made it work...
kerrisue89
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Quoting Phillymama123:

Man. This makes me think maybe things weren't so bad. Sometimes I think he and I could have made it work...

Why did you go your seperate ays?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)