Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
beachbum74
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I was with my daughter's dad for about two years when I got pregnant. About 7 months into our relationship, his ex told him she was 8 months pregnant and it always caused problems in our relationship. We split up when she was about a year old and get along great now.

Patty24momof5
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:47 AM
3 moms liked this

Well I married my husband at 16,he was 18.I had my first baby at 17. Things were great in the beginning.He was very sweet to me everyday brought me flowers,etc. He was emotionally connected to me as well as physically.We loved each other very much so it seemed.He began drinking and doing meth after our first year of marriage because he started hanging out with old friends who did it.That's when our problems began. He lied,cheated,started abusing me.At first for yrs the abuse was mental,then one day it turned physical,and began to become more frequent as time went on.His addiction went as most addictions do,he would quit then relapse,etc...He would drink quite often usually once a week sometimes several nights a week.When he drank he really lost his mind and became violent. He fathered another child due to staying out nights and partying.Which he denied until the dna results came back. He cried and begged me.I stayed because by this time I was preganant with our 5th child and my 4th child was in the nicunit still. She was born with gastroschisis.I hadnt left him because I literally did not have help to leave,and then the process began one morning he decided to kick me in the face while I was sleeping on the floor.He had gone out of town to a dog pull.It's a sport he and his father train their dogs to weight pull.This time they had gone to another state to nationals. He would never leave me like that before  because he said Id cheat on him.He had very low self esteem and was very controlling. So I knew when he went I would pay for his constant mind worry while he was away when he came home. So I did the morning after he came home he was screaming about me being a whore and cheating and kicked me in the face while I was sleeping.I woke up to "You fucking whore." Then I got kicked in the face and never saw it coming because I used to lay with a blanket over my head when I slept.My eye swelled instantly and wouldnt open.Long story short I had to jump out a window of our house to get away.So my best friend from high school came down to where we lived and helped me leave,as well as my mother,they took my kids and I to my sisters house a couple hrs away.My sister was on vacation so my friend stayed the night but had to go back home for work.I was there alone (as far as no other adult) and became very upset and fell victim to my own mind.My ex had kept calling and so I finally answered.I know I shouldnt have but I realize now we(women) become addicts to the situation when going through this.)He was begging me to come home and for me to let him come get us,he wouldnt do it again,blah blah.I gave in. THOUGH I DON'T REGRET IT NOW BECAUSE IT'S LIKE I SAID ALMOST AN ADDICTION FOR THE VICTIM.IT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING OF THE THE END OF IT ALL FOR ME. Of course at first he was great to me but as time went on he began to drink again.He got mad a few times and hit me.He did a couple times to the kids as well.I came between them so he got me again.Then I found out he was talking to the lady he had cheated on me with and had a child with and had set up a weekend for the kid to come over our house.Now mind you I at one time yrs back was saying ok,about that,but she then after the first time the kid came to our house she was calling all hrs of the night wanting him to leave with her etc..I also found out when she left her son the first time she went and robbed a house with her friends,so later faced charges for that.She and my ex are perfect for each other and  neither of them are anything like me.So I said no Im not doing this you said we were working this out and now you've decided to talk to her behind my back.You could have talked to me about it first,you want to leave me out of the loop when we are supposed to be working it out and you are the problem anyway..no sorry Im done.FINALLY MY BREAKING POINT. :) Then he begged of course but I said we will talk about it (my mind frame was slowly getting itself ready for our end).I also told him when the boy came to our house I wouldnt be there he could stay and take care of all the kids and I was going to a friends.He threw a fit and so I agreed to just leave for a few hrs and come back.FIRST TIME I HAD EVER IN OUR ENTIRE REALTIONSHIP DONE THIS...Then he freaked me I came home that night.Anyway so he eventually moved out after me begging all those years for him to.He said he was doing it to show me he only was with me and he wanted us to work so time apart is what I wanted he'd do it.Though he wanted to agree we were still together and we'd see each other everyday n night but if I wanted I could sleep at my house,so it began.I started going over his house at first after work(I had to start working to pay my house bills.He never let me before unless it was from the home) Well I found out he was talkin to that same lady and he denied it and really started to be very nice to me and did quit talking to her.She wouldnt stop driving by, calling etc..She tried always.Then finally one night he blew up broke my phone and was hurting me so I left and decided as I drove away.THIS IS IT.NO MORE. I had started my kids in daycare and long story short after him continuously begging me to come back to him he went and picked the kids up from daycare and wouldnt let me see them unless I agreed to come back.I wouldnt agree so he drove his truck through my top level garage door.I saw it when I came home from work that night.I went in the morning to file a police report and was served divorce papers. I thought wow for an idiot he's smart he knew Id have to report it and theyd serve me right when I walked in.I had to leave town for a couple weeks the officers said,So I did,then he was saying I could see the kids if I came back he just filed to knock some sense into me.I wouldnt do it,I saw my kids on lunch at school only.I got a legal aid attorney.He kept my vehicle so I had to find rides to work.After court the first time I did get ordered my vehicle back but he admitted he took the battery,broke the alternator etc etc and I had to pay to have it towed and fixed=bullshit.It was horrible also he got custody of the kids because theyd be in daycare with me and he could make his own schedule around theirs because he worked for his dad.So the day after court I ,UPSET, took his call and was soooo sad I couldnt see my kids I had been without them almost 2 months and I did what he wanted.I gave in and went back to him so I could see my kids daily.I quit the job so he wouldnt become violent over it. Then again he became violent etc...So New Years Eve of last year we split at his parents house,I called my sister to come get me.I was too afraid to go home with him he was going off and making up that I liked his 19 yr old cousin which he had beat me up on christmas saying, and I knew if I went home Id get beat up again and I WAS DONE WITH THAT.SICK N TIRED.

IN THE MIDST OF THIS THERE WERE POLICE REPORTS FILED AGAINST HIM FOR HURTING ME DURING THE LAST FEW YEARS WHEN I DECIDED TO FINALLY CALL.I STOPPED CALLING FO RA WHILE BECAUSE THE OFFICERS WOULDNT HELP AND WERE RUDE TO ME THE FIRST TIME. AFTER WE HAD BEEN BACK TOGETHER AFTER OUR FIRST COURT DATE,I ENDED UP CALLING AGAIN AND THEY TOOK HIM AFTER LETTING HIM GET ALL HIS ALCOHOL TO HIS PARENTS HOME-WOULDNT TAKE HIM TO JAIL FOR HITTING ME.THEY LET HIM SIT UPFRONT OF THE COP CAR TOO.PEOPLE WONDER WHY WE WOMEN STAY,THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE DEAL WITH. THE LAST POLICE REPORT THE SHERIFF WAS TELLING ME WELL YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN AWAY,I SAID HOW WHEN HE TOOK MY PHONE,KEYS ETC..HE SAID YOUR OWN TWO FEET..........IGNORNACE ..I SAID REALLY WELL LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENS THEN IF HE CATCHES ME I'M YANKED BACK BY MY HAIR AND GET HIT EVEN WORSE THAN I WOULD HAVE.-UGHHH

HE KEPT ME FROM TALKING TO FAMILY AND FRIENDS THE WHOLE TIME.I'D SNEEK TO TALK TO THEM.I COULDNT EVEN GO TO WALMART WITHOUT HIM FREAKING OUT.ETC ETC...IT WAS BAD.

Jenn8604
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
He's a lying cheating abusive douche. Nuff said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aubs1990
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

About a Year we dated, I got Pregnant around 6 Months into it. Everything seemed really good. I had our Daughter and about 3 weeks later we moved in together. Then things got bad. He was very controlling and abusive so one day our Daughter was at his Moms for the night and I finally got away and got the Police involved.

tyfry7496
by Janet on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Together 3 years, got pregnant, he cheated, I kicked him out. Never looked back. I LOVE being a single mom and wouldn't change it for anything. Father dearest turned his back on my son and has been nonexistent for almost my sons 16.5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyelyns_mommie
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Well to make a long story short I caught my ex cheating on me with men when I was 8months pregnant and left him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsBoats08
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
We had started to go downhill in 2010, but I stayed for the kids. He drank, and gambled so much. In April 2012 I had finally had enough when he decided to go home to AZ, tell me he didn't know if he was coming back, and had cheated on me. I told him I hope he got the bitch pregnant, and that was it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Danandjazzmom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I was together with my soon to be ex husband for 9 years and I found out he cheated on me and I move out in oct with our kids the day I left he have his new gf and her kids move in my house
IBNeaters
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex couldn't seem to keep it in his pants and put us severely in debt by going to hookers.

RiotPixie
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in a toxic marriage. I got married at 20 to a man I had only known a month. I was 4 months pregnant with my son and felt lost. The man I married started drinking, doing drugs and spending all of his time on the internet and none with me. He started hitting me when my son was an infant. I was fine as long a he wasn't hurting my son. When My son was 3 years old, my ex went crazy. He kicked me out of the house and refused to let me take My son. I went outside with 3 of my friends and called 911. My ex held my son out of the window of our 3rd floor apartment and told me and my friends that if we wanted him, we had to catch him. He heard the sirens of the police so he put my baby back in the apartment. He was arrested and I filed for divorce and went to a domestic violence shelter. I have since had 2 more daughters with losers as sperm donors. That's okay. I take care of mine without needing them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)