Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (51-60):
AWsMomma
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Well I guess we f'ed up our relationship pretty bad; not communicating, not understanding eachother, not filling eachother needs, not prioritizing eachother. He found someone that could do all the things for him that I couldn't and chose to be with her. So I filed for divorce and here I am.... :)

jmoore10
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 1:52 AM
We were support to move to Arizona. So jr went out there first to look for a job and house. Two weeks after being there he asked for a divorced. We ended up trying to make our relationship work until he stopped talking to me and then I found out he had a new girlfriend. I filed for divorce on what would of been 5 years and 7 months being together. That was just last month.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momma.meg
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:00 AM
uhhh...me and my sons father broke up Nov.08 ..we stayed fwb ...he didn't want to be with && I thought I was in love ...about 4 months in to the whole fwb I found I was 10 wks preg ..he bailed completely and didn't come around until my son was 5 months old.

my daughters dad and I got pregnant at a bad time ...he cheated thought some " lady " just had his baby so I ended it... about a week before Christmas 2011 I found out I was about 5 weeks pregnant he split until I was 7 months pregnant when I was 2 wks before my due date we started getting " serious " again... the day after I brought my daughter I found out he was cheating while I was in the hospital having her....he told me he had to work late
triggersmom27
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:14 AM

2 weeks before i was due with my son he stayed out til after midnight and one time i called him i heard another girl in the background. when he finally got home i flipped out on him. he said it was too much and he needed some time. he never came back. he married that girl 3 months later. he was there for the birth but thats it. hasnt had a thing to do with my son since.

teamwilson
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Wow how do u deal with it just out of the blue like that? Why do men feel like that is even an option? To not be a full time parent? I could never just walk away from my children.
raschwittay
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I am technically not a single mom. I am married but raising my children alone. My "husband" works hundreds of miles away, his choice, hasnt been home in over a year and chooses to take another job FARTHER away and for another year and half. I live in our home and take care of the kids. Because he pays for the bills he thinks he is still is apart in our life. Mind you, he CHOOSES to take jobs farther away.

He has had many good job oppertunities close to home, but it just never works out. He says. Now he wants to go to Canada. There will be reception or internet connection. Sooooo..... IDK whats going to happen. He is just so selfish. 

twade26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My daughters father and I were together for a little over a year. We had never had any issues and were talking about getting married and starting a family. That was until I got pregnant and then he grew really distant. I ended up moving three hours away to live with my mom because I went on bedrest. He stopped returning my calls and when I finally got ahold of him he said that he did not want to be a father again (he has 2 children, one he has custody of and one that he has visitation). I explained that it was a little too late for that and he told me that he would still be apart of our daughters life. Then I didn't hear from him for the next 6 months. He wouldn't come to the hospital when she was born. Never paid for anything and that was three years ago. He hasn't called, written, emailed or even asked if she was okay. He refuses to have anything to do with my daughter. His loss because she is the most beautiful, happy, wonderful little girl that anyone could ask for. He refuses to sigh away his parental rights. WIth my son his father and I just grew apart and couldn't get along but he is a wonderful dad and we actually get along great now that we are not toghter. We have a great relationship and successfully co parent our 6 year old.

twade26
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:52 PM

He is selfish and you are a great mom and wife to do it all by yourself. His loss because he is the one missing out on his children growing up. I hope they don't grow up and resent him for not being in their lives much. I hope everything works out and he gets it together for your sake. 

Quoting raschwittay:

I am technically not a single mom. I am married but raising my children alone. My "husband" works hundreds of miles away, his choice, hasnt been home in over a year and chooses to take another job FARTHER away and for another year and half. I live in our home and take care of the kids. Because he pays for the bills he thinks he is still is apart in our life. Mind you, he CHOOSES to take jobs farther away.

He has had many good job oppertunities close to home, but it just never works out. He says. Now he wants to go to Canada. There will be reception or internet connection. Sooooo..... IDK whats going to happen. He is just so selfish. 

aviatioNation
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Ex told me a I had to have an abortion, I refused, we broke up.

EJs_Mama2k10
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
What do you mean by choice? Did you adopt? Use donor?

Quoting Zee26:

I am single mother by choice.  Any single mothers by choice here?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN