Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (71-80):
Dawnie-marie
by Dawn on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I asked the boys father to leave when he said he was going to rape my oldest son when he turned 10. 

hopealways4019
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:16 AM
My oldest son father, I ended it. So he decided he wasn't going to stick around to be a father anymore either.

My other kids father beat me, verbally abuse me, cheated. Wouldn't help pay bills. All this put our relationship on life support. What finally killed the relationship and was a wake up call for me. When he called me on July 4, 2009 told me he was in hospital, he found out he was HIV positive. 10 yrs of abuse had finally come to an end. I left him for good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
morethanamemory
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 7:49 AM
OMG wow ...that must have been so ruff! I am sorry to hear that.

Quoting Jamilynn130:

My husband of 19 years was murdered nearly six months ago in front of our house.

We had two daughters (13 & 15) from our relationship, plus two that are grown (38 & 37).

We moved in with my son the same day my husband was killed.  He was only 55 years old and we had

been together for 20 years.

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I got with my ex AGAIN last February and found out I was pregnant by April. (We were together previously but it didn't work out) he was all for it at the time, but I think that was a fatty lie just to make me feel better. As the year progressed he started becoming more and more distant. Our interaction went from seeing each other almost every day to once every two weeks.. Sad thing was tho I stuck with him because I had strong feelings for him and it finally hit me that the relationship just wasn't going to work. By then we had been together for 8 months. I was 7 months pregnant. But since then I've finally been able to let go and over time he's kinda gotten on my last nerve and I really don't care much for him anymore. He never tries to talk to me so I so the same. I must mention, that in our earlier months of being together he was on meth and that obviously made things way harder. My son is now 7 weeks old and I'm actually glad his father ain't around much. He seriously doesn't have the patience for a baby. So I'm pretty happy with my lil boy and how great of a life I'm going to give him. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cruzanmomma
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I was with my son's father for about 3 years. When I got pregnant about 2 1/2 years in, things started to go downhill.  I found out he was cheating with numerous women and even got one pregnant.  The baby is just 2 1/2 months older than my son.  Then, one day our argument got physical.  I had enough! I moved out and have been a single mom for the past year.  We tried the co-parenting thing for a little bit, but he's completely unreliable and unpredictable.  A few times he didn't even show up! So it's just me and my lil man...

alexnwyatt
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
We had been fighting for awhile I started sleeping on the couch and then on my youngest sons birthday one week before Christmas in 2011 we had a huge fight and he decided to tell me to kick rocks so the next day me and my children packed all our stuff up and moved in with my mother. It was good for me because I went back to work and I'm now working on my teaching degree I now have my own apartment and my children are doing very good in school they are 3 & 5. I have full custody with him having visitation
witchybabymomma
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM

sons father decided to bail

IloveNCIS
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I was stupid enough to sleep with the wrong guy. He hasn't been a part of my kiddo's life from the second the sperm met the egg.

levis1mom
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I was 4 months pregnant and he decided he didn't want to be a family anymore. We were ok until i was put on bedrest he could not handle being a full time dad to my older son or his dgtr. So he left
themrsrick
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM
I am still going through the delights of divorce. :/ My story's here: www.4mychildbyhisgrace.blogspot.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN