Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you come to be a single parent?

Posted by   + Show Post
Just curious to know others story of how they became single mothers.

Me and my childrens father were togeher for four years before it ended. Six months into our relationship I found out I was pregnant with my now three year old daughter , that's when everything started going down hill. I found out he was a serious drunk and pot head who didn't want to grow up and be a father. I tried to look past his bullshit so my daughter could have both parents. We found out june I was pregnant with our second child and that's when everything got even worse and he started getting more violent tword me and my daughter and just four months ago he told me neither of my kids are his and he didn't want to be around anymore. So for the plaster four months I have been a single parent and its one of the best things that could have happened to me and my kids
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (81-83):
zuzusmomma
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM
I was with my ex for 14 years. I took our then 2 yr old daughter and moved in with my Mom in June of 2012. We waited so long to have kids because we were partying a lot. I thought things had settled down for good. He had been drug free for 61/2 years when DD was born. He had recently gotten his nursing license. I knew he was lazy and incredibly spoiled but I thought he had changed. As soon as she was born I could see the fear in his eyes. He felt trapped into working and being responsible. He never lifted a finger to help with her care much less the house work. I figured that if he was working and I was a SAHM that it was my responsibility to care for family and house. Which I did very well. We never were married. He had no relationship with our daughter because he refused to do anything with or for her. He started using drugs again and within 2 yrs he had lost his nursing license, been to treatment twice and last summer was arrested 3 times in 2 mths. I was tired of the verbal and emotional abuse. I was not appreciated nor respected. He is the laziest most selfish person I know. I didn't want my daughter to grow up thinking that that's how a woman is supposed to be treated by a man. I am in school and doing well now. My daughter is happy and healthy. I couldn't ask for more.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lostcause324
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM

would have left after the first but good for you

hargonagain
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:03 AM

By choice.  I adopted my son as a single mom and I love it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)