Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

for moms of more than one child

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

do your kids play with each other? do they often need your assistance like with fighting or just want you to play with them or do they pretty much play by themselves because they have a playmate?

I find it so hard having just one child cause she gets bored so much and always needs my attention but being a single mom as im sure you all can relate i have to do laundry, dishes, make dinner, make her lunch for the next day help with homework give her a bath I have no time to sit around and play and to top it all off i have my own homework to do so when she is constantly whining about being bored and needing my attention i start to think maybe i should have had another kid so she wouldnt be so lonely

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PoplarGrove
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 girls.  Sometimes they play together wonderfully and other times you'd think there was a warzone in my house.  My kids have also play very well independently, though.  My 4 year old spent the majority of the day today playing by herself (unless you count the cats she talks to and totes around from room to room)  I'd say I spent 2 hours the entire day playing with her.  The rest of the time she was drawing pictures, playing with playdough and making stuff up.  

I don't think my kids are the norm, though.  I've looked after other people's kids and they seem to need CONSTAST attention, even if they're siblings.  

stickyfingers
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:01 PM
do u want more kids? having another has advantages and disadvantages...for one it will take you away from your older one...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I have 2 boys and they are only 15 months apart. They are 18&16... and I have been single mom since youngest was 3 months old. My boys are opposites in every way. They fight like crazy or get along wonderfully. Depending on the minute some days. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I only have one but he's very independent he likes to help me clean and do dishes etc it takes a bit longer but he's occupied and learning life skills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Mine have a huge age gap soooo.....right now they don't do a whole lot together.

My oldest is 7 and my youngest is 2 months. Right now, I just neversleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LauraMH
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

My kids are 2 years apart. My son is 8 and my DD is 6. They play together but I am constantly breaking up fights. They both want one on one play time almost everyday and then they want to do things together. My dd is great at playing by herself. She enjoys it and loves to color/ do art work. My son needs a constant companion. It is harder to have two in my opinion bc you have to split the limited amount of time you have between both of them.

Cenedra64
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two teen girls. I cracked up laughing at the above comment ''war zone'' my girls are night and day. They play together and totally independant. But they put the fight in Irish when they clash! Better run and duck and God help them if a flying object hits mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lightoftheworld
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 girls, ages 7,5,3.... Thry are best of friends and worst of enemies. Things generally go ok if I am sitting right there, but if I leave the room, there will be screaming, crying and crashing noises within 30 seconds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyto2LilMen
by Tina on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:50 PM
My boys go back and forth with how they play together. DS2 plays very well independently while his brother is in school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)