Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom missing son

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 6 Replies

I have raised both of m kids alone since they where babies and always working full-time, My son started disliking me at a young age, both children are adopted from Korea at a very young age, My son does  not have a normal relationship with my ex, My ex downs woman and having robbie with his dad he believes this is how you should treat all woman and make this short three weeks ago his first girlfriend dumped him and he came home and broke up the house and threatened the famly that raised him and he has shown many past acts of violents towards me and cared for him his whole life, I am a single mom and have my 12 yerar od daughter in the house, my son is a builted 14 year old young man and scares me so i had no other choice but send him to his dad's which I did not want to do for he  is the worst role model robbie should be around but I had no other choice, I am very depressed because now he will not talk to any one who loves him in are family, looking to talk to Single moms that the same story, always sas.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Welcome.

Have you tried putting your son into counseling to help him learn to deal with his anger and to learn that you cannot treat people the way his dad is teaching him to do?

lucasmadre
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Wow, I am so sorry. I don't have any advice but I feel for you. I agree that if there was some way to get your son into therapy you might have a chance to help him. He is just choosing to be like his dad...at some point we all choose who we are going to be, let's just hope he changes his mind. I am so sorry, you must be broken hearted. xo

idunno1234
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Listen, this is a serious issue that none of us are probably too qualified to help you with but your son definitely needs professional help and my guess is you do too.

You need to figure out what the next right thing to do is (by being the role model his father obviously can't be) and then do it, each step of the way.  Based on your post, I would say the first thing you need to do is stand up for yourself and your 12 year old daughter and make it extremely clear to your son that dealing with frustration by having temper tantrums and committing any sort of violence or disrespect, especially towards women, regardless of the fact that his dad modeled such immature behavior, is unacceptable.  Period. 

Get him help!

kiki123206
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Yes, My son Robbie has been in anger management and counseling on and off since he has been eight with no success.

CharlotteRose
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Welcome - Im new here too.  This group is where you need to be.  I don't have any solutions to your question but it sounds to me maybe counseling?  

easinpc
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Hugs!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)